new e-p3!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by gnod, May 10, 2012.

1. gnod

gnod Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    NYC
    so i had a great chance of picking up a 2-3 week old e-p3.
    i'm trying to sell it but for the time being, am considering using it.

few questions.

any feedback on the aki-asahi leatherette cover? it says the material is vinyl & fiber.

what adapters would i need to use a lens made by panasonic? do they crossover without any adapters? are adapaters only used for "legacy" lens which i assume the old school lens used with film cameras?

thanks everyone!

2. fdifulco

fdifulco Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 28, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Frank
    i love the skin, just follow the directions to apply.

the native m 4/3 lens by pan do not need an adapter, they work native.

just need an adapter for non m4/3 glass.

3. gnod

gnod Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    NYC
    hey thanks for the response!
    so you have the leatherette one and not the lizard leather one right? i dont know if there's a difference but i'd imagine there's at least a difference in feel. i want to get the black leatherette one made of fiber. :D 

and thanks for the lens question too! i think ill be getting the 14mm as my first lens other than the stock one.

4. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Congratulations! The E-P3 is an amazing camera. :smile:

One of the greatest advantages of the m4/3 format is the cross-compatibility (for the most part) between Olympus and Panasonic lenses.

5. gnod

gnod Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    NYC
    hmm what's the biggest difference between the 20mm and the 14mm pancakes? i knwo the max aperture is one, but difference between the 14 & 20mm?

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The 14mm is significantly wider, a little smaller, and has better autofocus. The 20mm is longer and faster, very slightly bulkier (like that makes any difference - they are both pancake lenses and both very small), but doesn't autofocus as well especially in low-light (a little ironic, since its wider aperture makes it more ideal for low-light).

7. gnod

gnod Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    NYC
    hmm good feedback!
    guess whichever i find first, ill get get!

8. fdifulco

fdifulco Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 28, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Frank
  9. gnod

gnod Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    NYC
    hmm decisions decisions. have you tried the 20mm? just curious if you were able to compare but not a big deal.

and yep, i'm getting the leatherette one too! :D 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.