New E-P2 & probable silly question

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Kkrome, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Kkrome

Kkrome Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 21, 2010

Just got a E-p2 on Ebay. So far so good. But when I shoot a frame, the camera displays the frame just taken until I press the shutter lightly. Is there a way to turn this off? I read the manual, but must have missed it. I am using the camera in manual with a non olympus lens if that has anything to do with it.

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Go into the Menu and scroll down to the little wrench icon, from there you can see REC VIEW where you can choose how long you want the shot to show or turn it off. I don't have an E-P2 anymore but that is how it is on the E-PL1, which I believe is the same.

Let me know how this works out for you.

No silly questions here, ever - believe me, if there were I'd have gotten the award.:wink:
  3. Kkrome

Kkrome Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 21, 2010
    Eureka, You solved it!

Thanks BBW. That did it.

But one good turn always leads to the request for another. This one may be a bit more arcane...

I was up early this morning trying out my new camera. I had it set with an old 300mm lens. I set the IS to 1 and set it for 300mm. With this setup, I spotted a turtle crossing the path. I quickly changed lenses (55mm macro), but didn't have time to change the focal length to 55mm (really forgot it). After that I put the 300mm back on and took a few photos of frogs and dragonflies. When I returned and reviewed the photos. The 300mm shots were mostly sharp, but the 55mm were not. It should have been the opposite. Was the wrong focal length setting the cause? I probably could have done the 55mm shots without IS, and they would have been OK. Examining a few highlights, the blur is in an unusual U pattern. I think it was the result of the IS.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Kkrome, I'm hoping you can get some help from another of our members so I'll bump this up to catch their attention.:bump:
  5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Kkrome,

yes, I think you guessed correctly - having the IS focal length set so far away from the lens fitted (300mm rather than 55mm) could well have caused the blur. Next time, set the IS focal length correctly and let us know if that fixes the problem?

• Like Like x 2