1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New E-M10!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by DaninFLA, Apr 15, 2015.

1. DaninFLA

DaninFLA Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Dan
    got my E-M10 in the mail yesterday finally after about a week after winning it on ebay. I got the "special edition" version of the camera in black off of ebay. from what I can see, the only difference is the synthetic leather-ish wrap and it provides a different camera strap (leather-ish). really impressed with the build of the camera. The camera came with a 14-42 EZ lens. not sure how I feel about the power zoom yet.

checked the shutter count...only 450 actuations! sweet.

the panny 25mm f/1.4 and panny 45-175 will be here later this week.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Enjoy! PZ is great for video and zooming via smartphone app

3. adi10times

adi10times Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Bandung, Indonesia
    Michael Adi P.
    Great!
    Special edition leather is orange, isn't it?

4. DaninFLA

DaninFLA Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Dan
    special edition comes in orange, green or black. I got the black.

BTW, Santa just arrived at the office. got my panny 25mm f/1.4 and my think tank camera bag. the 45-175 is scheduled to be here tomorrow. Christmas in April!

5. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Congrats! My EM10 sports the Olympus 25mm and is a beast of a camera. Love the files out of the thing.

6. DaninFLA

DaninFLA Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Dan
    I looked at the Oly 25, but got a pretty good deal on the panny and wanted that little bit extra light. cant wait to try it out tonight

7. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    People complain about the focus, etc., on the Panasonic 20mm but I think it's a pretty great package with the EM10 as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I got the Olympus new off eBay for $269, it wasn't going to be my main lens until I saw that deal.

May I recommend the ECG1 grip as well for rock-solid ergonomics.

9. DaninFLA

DaninFLA Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Dan
    just ordered a B+W UV filter to put on the 25mm as well.

I had a 40mm on my full frame, 20mm equivalent here. I really liked the 50mm length better. plus with M43, the DOF is already tough, so I wanted the f/1.4 to get a little better separation and bokeh. that's gonna be the hardest part in my transition from FF DSLR, really loved the razor thin DOF I could get. I think im gonna be really happy with this lens though.

10. DaninFLA

DaninFLA Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Dan
    I think I am gonna look into the grip after a while, but want to use the camera as is for a few weeks at least to see if I really need it. I was able to get the panny for $400 on ebay! I jumped on that. the thing looks brand spanking new. very very happy with the seller right now.

BTW, nice photos on your flickr

11. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    My friend Wendy just got one bought for her from her boyfriend : very good camera.
    She's already into art-filter bracket and further in-camera processing, loves it.
    I agreed they should buy the 45mm next, and also the cheap 40-150