New E-M10!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by DaninFLA, Apr 15, 2015.

1. DaninFLA

DaninFLA Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Dan
    got my E-M10 in the mail yesterday finally after about a week after winning it on ebay. I got the "special edition" version of the camera in black off of ebay. from what I can see, the only difference is the synthetic leather-ish wrap and it provides a different camera strap (leather-ish). really impressed with the build of the camera. The camera came with a 14-42 EZ lens. not sure how I feel about the power zoom yet.

checked the shutter count...only 450 actuations! sweet.

the panny 25mm f/1.4 and panny 45-175 will be here later this week.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Enjoy! PZ is great for video and zooming via smartphone app

3. adi10times

adi10times Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Bandung, Indonesia
    Michael Adi P.
    Great!
    Special edition leather is orange, isn't it?

4. DaninFLA

DaninFLA Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Dan
    special edition comes in orange, green or black. I got the black.

BTW, Santa just arrived at the office. got my panny 25mm f/1.4 and my think tank camera bag. the 45-175 is scheduled to be here tomorrow. Christmas in April!

5. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Congrats! My EM10 sports the Olympus 25mm and is a beast of a camera. Love the files out of the thing.

6. DaninFLA

DaninFLA Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Dan
    I looked at the Oly 25, but got a pretty good deal on the panny and wanted that little bit extra light. cant wait to try it out tonight

7. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    People complain about the focus, etc., on the Panasonic 20mm but I think it's a pretty great package with the EM10 as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I got the Olympus new off eBay for $269, it wasn't going to be my main lens until I saw that deal.

May I recommend the ECG1 grip as well for rock-solid ergonomics.

9. DaninFLA

DaninFLA Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Dan
    just ordered a B+W UV filter to put on the 25mm as well.

I had a 40mm on my full frame, 20mm equivalent here. I really liked the 50mm length better. plus with M43, the DOF is already tough, so I wanted the f/1.4 to get a little better separation and bokeh. that's gonna be the hardest part in my transition from FF DSLR, really loved the razor thin DOF I could get. I think im gonna be really happy with this lens though.

10. DaninFLA

DaninFLA Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Dan
    I think I am gonna look into the grip after a while, but want to use the camera as is for a few weeks at least to see if I really need it. I was able to get the panny for $400 on ebay! I jumped on that. the thing looks brand spanking new. very very happy with the seller right now.

BTW, nice photos on your flickr

11. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    My friend Wendy just got one bought for her from her boyfriend : very good camera.
    She's already into art-filter bracket and further in-camera processing, loves it.
    I agreed they should buy the 45mm next, and also the cheap 40-150

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.