New Computer, New Lightroom, Have ACR Questions

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by nueces snapper, Oct 21, 2011.

1. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

I've not used LR before. Will be hitting the tutorials. I have PS4. I've upgraded LR to latest. Is ACR in LR or do I have to use both PS and LR to process RAW files ( or whatever Oly calls them )? Didn't want to pay for PS upgrade if I find LR is all I need. So I don't mind paying for an ACR upgrade if it works with LR. The latest ACR will not work with my old PS.

Am I being clear? :confused:

Thanks for any help. :thumbup:

2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    the latest Lightroom works with them fine.

3. nueces snapper

But is it possible to have the latest ACR without the latest Photoshop? This is my problem.:confused:

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    your question just sailed way past my pay grade.

5. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Calgary
    Adobe Camera Raw is bundled into LightRoom. You don't even need Photoshop to process RAW files.

As each new version of ACR is rolled out, you will be able to upgrade the ACR version bundled into your copy of LR.

• Like Like x 1
  6. nueces snapper

Ahhhhh ... That's what I was hoping. Thank you. You wouldn't be able to tell me how to know if I have ACR6.5 bundled would you? I bought LR 3 the other day and just upgraded it to 3. 5. :thumbup:

7. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Calgary
    Sure .. just navigate over to the HELP drop-down menu; select "About Photoshop Lightroom 3 .." and it will display the versions of both Lightroom and ACR you currently have loaded.

8. nueces snapper

I did it. Seems I had NOT downloaded 3.5 but rather 3.2. I have since corrected that and when clicking on 'preferences' and 'about' I indeed now have 3.5 LR and ACR 6.5. WhoopEEEEE! :2thumbs: