New Case Logic camera bag (Reflexion DSLR Holster/CSC Kit Bag), Minimal setup for m4/3'

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JYPfoto, Nov 24, 2013.

1. JYPfoto

JYPfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Just another quick addition to my bag collection, just had a chance to open the box today.

It's the Case Logic Reflexion DSLR Holster/CSC Kit Bag ( It's a great price too, for $59.99 (I was able to snag a 20% coupon for it, so even less).

I don't see how you would fit a DSLR in there, unless it was the Canon SL-1. It fits my E-M1 with 25 1.4 mounted and the 12-40 on the side, and not much more, which I kind of dig, because it keeps it light and compact for those short trips when you don't need more than 1-2 lenses. I do like that it fits an iPad Mini in there as well. As a special bonus, it appears that they threw in the matching iPad mini case when I inquired and questioned where it would fit the new Mini Retina. I do like the color of the bag, as it's not a plain jane black but not an exotic color. It's a Anthracite grey color.

Here are some pictures, I'll do a full review on it if demand is there.

You'll have to excuse the iPhone pictures, as I don't have a backup camera since selling off my other ones.

<a href="" title="image by JYPfoto, on Flickr">[​IMG]"640" height="480" alt="image"></a>

Picture from the front. Note the top handle.

<a href="" title="image_1 by JYPfoto, on Flickr">[​IMG]"640" height="480" alt="image_1"></a>

Inside with the E-M1 sideways, the 12-40 on the side, and showing a small zippered pocket.

<a href="" title="image_4 by JYPfoto, on Flickr">[​IMG]"640" height="480" alt="image_4"></a>

Next to where the camera lies, where are smaller pockets inside, would be perfect to fit extra batteries, maybe a small memory card holder, etc. You could also see where there's a padded slot for an iPad Mini.

<a href="" title="image_2 by JYPfoto, on Flickr">[​IMG]"640" height="480" alt="image_2"></a>

Bottom of the bag, with a grippy surface which I like. I would imagine that it helps with weather somewhat in that you could put it down on a non so dry surface and it'll not get damp inside.

Another thing I like about the bag is that that shoulder strap is long enough but also short enough as well. What I mean by that is that I'm not a tall guy, but on other bags I would have to extend the strap to the maximum to fit me, I would imagine that on a taller guy it would look silly. With this bag I'm able to extend it out to a comfortable length but also has enough room that a taller guy could extend it out even further.

For size reference, it's around the same size as the Think Tank Retrospective 5, but at first glance I like this better than my TT. The glaring difference between the two is that the TT has a fold over flap that can be silenced, this one uses a zippered approach to close the bag.

If you have any questions, ask. I'll post some additional thoughts after I put it through a full carrying test today.
  2. m43er

m43er Mu-43 Regular

Oct 6, 2011
    Interesting opens like a doctor's bag.

Are you going to do a video? It's so new there isn't any yet on YT.