NEW Capture Camera Clip System plates - manfrotto, mu-43 designed (plus discount!)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by pxpaulx, Oct 30, 2012.

1. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Sort of a double post, but decided this deserves its own thread.

For anyone who owns a capture camera plate clamp and older plates, they have updated their plate lines to include manfrotto compatible plates, combination manfrotto/arca swiss plates and also a new compact plate version designed for compact cameras such as our own micro 4/3 cameras!

This is a link to the Peak Design Ltd website

With the new release of the updated plate designs they are offering 50% off (plates only) using coupon code "ksplate" making just the plates themselves an outstanding deal...I just ordered 2 of the micro 4/3 small plates for a total of $27.65 including shipping. Even if you don't use the capture system, that is a great price for small arca-compatible plates.

2. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Cool thanks. So i guess i would need the capture attachment for 75ish and the camera plate would be around 12ish. Hopefully they ship to Canada!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

3. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    $6 shipping to canada for 2 m43 plates. Heck, they shipped mine on the same day.

4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Nice. Sounds like a decent price even if you just used it as a quick release plate. Looks like the 80$ system comes with one, then i may get one more for a second body and to work with any tripod quick release setup i get in the future.

5. ftwphoto

ftwphoto Mu-43 Regular

Dec 12, 2011
    When I tired to use the discount code, it would only apply a savings of $15.00 no matter how many plates were in the order. Anyone else have this issue? Or did you order them separately?

6. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    That was my thought as well...there are very few arca compatible plates that are compact enough for regular use on m4/3 cameras in the first place (I have the kirk pz-130 and it goes for $30 new...you'd be lucky to find one for $20 used...and it doesn't even have the camera strap lugs).

7. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    My guess would be it is limited so that resellers wouldn't buy up a bunch...but if you actually need them I'm sure putting in 2 separate orders would probably be fine (and still a good deal even for the extra $2.65 shipping).

My order was marked as shipped already too!

8. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Bah..i had my shopping cart ready but was trying to calculate the optimal ordering for 2 plates (6$ shipping to canada) but it looks like i lost my opportunity. Coupon seems to be expired or maxed out.

Edit: or did I speak too soon...working on my pc but just failed on ipad..

9. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    It is valid for 3 days. Today should be the last day (or maybe yesterday).

• Like Like x 1
  10. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Im in for 2 micro plates. Stupidly ordering twice to save...despite the big shipping charges. Oh well, cheap as plates go! I think i might as well pick up the clip locally since it would cost +15$ for shipping. :/

11. badcatgary

badcatgary Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Jeremy
    When the plates start arriving, I would love to see some pictures of them on your various m43 bodies, and the cameras in the clips.

12. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I'll try and oblige the request! mine shipped on Tuesday and I expect them to arrive tomorrow, hopefully sometime this weekend I can get around to taking some product pics for the thread.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    PA
    Would anyone happen to have any firsthand knowledge of how these Capture Clip's compare to the SpiderHolster Pro?

I currently own a SpiderHolster and I really like it, it's just that for walking around sometimes I would prefer the camera to not be on a ball joint that floats freely. Having it locked down like the Capture Clip does might be nice.