1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

NEW Capture Camera Clip System plates - manfrotto, mu-43 designed (plus discount!)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by pxpaulx, Oct 30, 2012.

1. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Sort of a double post, but decided this deserves its own thread.

For anyone who owns a capture camera plate clamp and older plates, they have updated their plate lines to include manfrotto compatible plates, combination manfrotto/arca swiss plates and also a new compact plate version designed for compact cameras such as our own micro 4/3 cameras!

This is a link to the Peak Design Ltd website

With the new release of the updated plate designs they are offering 50% off (plates only) using coupon code "ksplate" making just the plates themselves an outstanding deal...I just ordered 2 of the micro 4/3 small plates for a total of $27.65 including shipping. Even if you don't use the capture system, that is a great price for small arca-compatible plates.

2. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Cool thanks. So i guess i would need the capture attachment for 75ish and the camera plate would be around 12ish. Hopefully they ship to Canada!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

3. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    $6 shipping to canada for 2 m43 plates. Heck, they shipped mine on the same day.

4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Nice. Sounds like a decent price even if you just used it as a quick release plate. Looks like the 80$ system comes with one, then i may get one more for a second body and to work with any tripod quick release setup i get in the future.

5. ftwphoto

ftwphoto Mu-43 Regular

Dec 12, 2011
    When I tired to use the discount code, it would only apply a savings of $15.00 no matter how many plates were in the order. Anyone else have this issue? Or did you order them separately?

6. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    That was my thought as well...there are very few arca compatible plates that are compact enough for regular use on m4/3 cameras in the first place (I have the kirk pz-130 and it goes for $30 new...you'd be lucky to find one for $20 used...and it doesn't even have the camera strap lugs).

7. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    My guess would be it is limited so that resellers wouldn't buy up a bunch...but if you actually need them I'm sure putting in 2 separate orders would probably be fine (and still a good deal even for the extra $2.65 shipping).

My order was marked as shipped already too!

8. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Bah..i had my shopping cart ready but was trying to calculate the optimal ordering for 2 plates (6$ shipping to canada) but it looks like i lost my opportunity. Coupon seems to be expired or maxed out.

Edit: or did I speak too soon...working on my pc but just failed on ipad..

9. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    It is valid for 3 days. Today should be the last day (or maybe yesterday).

• Like Like x 1
  10. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Im in for 2 micro plates. Stupidly ordering twice to save...despite the big shipping charges. Oh well, cheap as plates go! I think i might as well pick up the clip locally since it would cost +15$ for shipping. :/

11. badcatgary

badcatgary Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Jeremy
    When the plates start arriving, I would love to see some pictures of them on your various m43 bodies, and the cameras in the clips.

12. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I'll try and oblige the request! mine shipped on Tuesday and I expect them to arrive tomorrow, hopefully sometime this weekend I can get around to taking some product pics for the thread.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    PA
    Would anyone happen to have any firsthand knowledge of how these Capture Clip's compare to the SpiderHolster Pro?

I currently own a SpiderHolster and I really like it, it's just that for walking around sometimes I would prefer the camera to not be on a ball joint that floats freely. Having it locked down like the Capture Clip does might be nice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.