New Camera

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by edb, Jul 30, 2010.

1. edb

edb Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2010
    Had a big problem with my original E-P2, underexposing pictures, but it was replaced and the new camera seems much better.

I think it will turn out to be a good family snapshot camera and that's why I bought it.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice about the camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Excellent news and delightful snapshots of your kids - great color and that exposure looks just right! Congrats!:2thumbs:

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Delightful snapshots, congratulations and thanks for sharing :2thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

4. edb

edb Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2010
    Thanks BB,

Still not sure what was wrong with the original camera but the replacement is much better. No more complaints.

Thank you for your PMs and help.

• Like Like x 2
  5. edb

edb Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2010
    Thank you, Brian

6. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

probably faulty meter, but nevermind that, just get out and enjoy shooting :tongue:

nice photos, i really like the colours :) :thumbup:

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

This one is certainly working nicely for you. Handsome kids too.

8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

edb, I'm just so glad that you followed through with Olympus on this and got another camera from Olympus. You wrote that they replaced it so, clearly something was not right - and are now you're clearly doing really well with with this new E-P2. I'll be expecting to see many more photos across the forums. :biggrin:

9. edb

edb Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2010
    Thanks again, BB

Because I bought this camera mainly for family snapshots I probably won't post many pictures. People may not be interested in seeing snapshots of someone elses children or grandchildren.

I am happy with the way this camera is acting (metering) and would recommend it to anyone who wanted something better than the average compact.

I'd come very close to recommending the EPL1 for most casual type photographers because it has the small built in flash that can be used for fill or to help properly expose a bright background but I think the EP-2 is the best model for me.

One last snapshot of my oldest granddaughter:

[​IMG]

And once again thank you.