1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New camera that is controlled by the human eye?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by dylandingo, Jun 24, 2012.

1. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
  2. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

I dug eye controlled focus

Had it on my Canon eos somethingerother. Then digital happened. Whatever happened to eye controlled focus? I thought it was a pretty good idea but then I didn't know much back then. :biggrin:

3. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    It isn't technology. It is wishful thinking. None of this actually exists. It is like me designing a fast-than-light spaceship to travel the universe. It will look really cool, there is just no way it can actually be built.

4. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    "Zou previewed a working model of the technology at Show RCA 2012"

5. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    The Canon technology was a lot more limited. All it let you control was the focus point. On the original versions, which had only 9 AF spots, it worked pretty well, and I actually found it useful. On the EOS 3, which had 35 AF spots (IIRC), it wasn't so accurate. Users didn't seem to think it was worth paying extra for, so Canon dropped it.

But technology has changed a lot. I can easily imagine better accuracy and potentially useful features based on this.

As far as IRIS recognition, it's in use every day around the world. Programming a computer (which is what modern cameras are) to change settings based on the identify of the user is trivial. Using IRIS scanning to identify that user is easy (though perhaps not cheap).

• Like Like x 1