1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New camera, new user........

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Jan68, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Jan68

Jan68 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2014
    Ontario
    Hi, just registered here in this forum. I'm a professional photographer for 20 years now, I always used and still shoot with Canon. Last week a friend offered me his GF-1 body for sale, it was cheap, looked good, I bought it. Picked up a Sigma 30mm 2.8 lens on Kijiji and started taking pictures, my first ones on micro 4/3. Wow, this is a lot of fun! I had NO idea! Love the camera, especially love the lens. Already got hooked on it and checking in better bodies, maybe the GX7. This forum is awesome, lots of Info! Hi, from Ontario, Jan

• Like Like x 3
  2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Hello and welcome! The GF1 experience is classic by all accounts, and the Sigma was a good choice.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

3. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    Welcome Jan. The GF1 is a great camera. I still have mine. There have been many improvements made to u4/3 cameras since the GF1 was released. The GF1 still holds its own if you don't venture into the higher ISOs. The Sigma Art lenses are excellent! I just bought the Sigma 60/2.8 and have found it to rival lenses from Panasonic and Olympus both in build quality and sharpness. On top of the quality and performance, the Sigmas cost a lot less too.

Mike

4. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    Welcome to the forum Jan.

The GF1 is a great wee camera. It seems that everyone who has owned one has a special affection for it. Me included!

As for moving on to more sophisticated bodies, none of them are as satisfying as this one - IMO. :thumbup:

5. Duncan

Duncan Mu-43 Regular

Oct 31, 2013
    I never had the GF1, but I love my GX7. Don't think you can go wrong with it.