1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New camera, new forum

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by p.h, Apr 6, 2012.

1. p.h

p.h Mu-43 Regular

Apr 5, 2012
    Hi,
    I'm been a member and occasional poster over the road at Serious Compacts, where I've learned a lot. Nice to see some familiar names here.
    I've had a LX5 for the last couple of years, which has been such a joy to use it's inspired me to take more photos in the last two years than in the previous twenty.
    So, I thought I'd take it a step further, seeing the bargain prices around at the moment I've bought a GX1, then got carried away and added three lenses, 14mm, 20mm and 45-175. Oh well. committed now may as well add the viewfinder!
    I spend a lot of time cycling and camping, expect many of my posts to follow the same theme. Though part of the idea of a new camera was to extend this. Also expect some pretty simple questions! Though I've found many of the answers here already.

Flickr: P.H.bike's Photostream

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sawfish

Sawfish Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Denmark
    Welcome.

You really have some great pictures on Flickr. I look forward to see what you can get out of the GX1.

Sf

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Welcome to mu-43!

4. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    Welcome....great group of photographers here! I've learned a great deal reading and posting in this group. I hang out over at DP Challenge too, but that group is not as embracing for micro 4/3 as this group is. I also owned a Panasonic LX3 for awhile, and loved that camera. I have the GH2 now, and learning video too.

5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome!

7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome, P.H.!

8. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    Welcome! I think you will find that there are quite a few cyclists here as well, myself included.

9. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Welcome!!! :smile:

10. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Welcome to the party

11. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Welcome aboard!

12. p.h

p.h Mu-43 Regular

Apr 5, 2012
    A big thank you for the welcome, I feel right at home!
    Today's my first chance to go out and play with the new camera, typically the weather has changed for the worse, so a slight change of plan.

13. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Welcome aboard!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.