New camera, new forum

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by p.h, Apr 6, 2012.

1. p.h

p.h Mu-43 Regular

Apr 5, 2012
    I'm been a member and occasional poster over the road at Serious Compacts, where I've learned a lot. Nice to see some familiar names here.
    I've had a LX5 for the last couple of years, which has been such a joy to use it's inspired me to take more photos in the last two years than in the previous twenty.
    So, I thought I'd take it a step further, seeing the bargain prices around at the moment I've bought a GX1, then got carried away and added three lenses, 14mm, 20mm and 45-175. Oh well. committed now may as well add the viewfinder!
    I spend a lot of time cycling and camping, expect many of my posts to follow the same theme. Though part of the idea of a new camera was to extend this. Also expect some pretty simple questions! Though I've found many of the answers here already.

Flickr:'s Photostream
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sawfish

Sawfish Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011

You really have some great pictures on Flickr. I look forward to see what you can get out of the GX1.

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Welcome to mu-43!
  4. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Welcome....great group of photographers here! I've learned a great deal reading and posting in this group. I hang out over at DP Challenge too, but that group is not as embracing for micro 4/3 as this group is. I also owned a Panasonic LX3 for awhile, and loved that camera. I have the GH2 now, and learning video too.
  5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany

Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
  7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome, P.H.!
  8. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Welcome! I think you will find that there are quite a few cyclists here as well, myself included.
  9. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
  10. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Welcome to the party
  11. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
  12. p.h

p.h Mu-43 Regular

Apr 5, 2012
    A big thank you for the welcome, I feel right at home!
    Today's my first chance to go out and play with the new camera, typically the weather has changed for the worse, so a slight change of plan.
  13. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Welcome aboard!