New camera+lens(s)! Slr magic :D

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by rhaab, Apr 13, 2013.

1. rhaab

rhaab Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 19, 2013
    Just got home and this was sitting on my bed! I was so close to buying the gh3 last weeked. Tough trying to decide between that and the em5 then read about the new black magic pocket cam news so I went with the em5. Suprised how small it is I thought it would be bigger. I had to order it there is no olympus/panasonic dealer in town.
    Lens is a slr magic 25mm f0.95 I'm so excited to use it, I got the preorder so I got $150 rebate. I live in Canada and got it shipepd by ems and didn't have to pay for any extra customs! Other lens is a Sigma 70-300, it was in the local classifieds practically new for $100. Its a pentax mount so I got an adapter with that.
  2. mkee

mkee Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2012
    Long Beach CA
    Congrats on the new gear I'm sure your going to love it. The em5 is an amazing camera enjoy!
  3. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    Grats man and I'm jealous of the camera and that lens! :2thumbs:
  4. rhaab

rhaab Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 19, 2013
    One thing I don't like is the screw on lens cap, if I unscrew it with the lens pointed to the side or up I risk scratching the glass.. almost did first time. So gotta screw/unscrew it with the lens pointed down.
  5. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    So, did you preorder the bmc pocket? ?
  6. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    rhaab, I can't find a source (or tech info) on the SLR Magic 25mm f/0.95. Where did you get it? And another very BIG question: is the SLR Magic a manual or auto-focus lens?
  7. rhaab

rhaab Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 19, 2013
    It's a manual lens, its on their website
    NOKTOR - Ultra Fast Lenses - Products
    It says its still for preorder and there's a rebate, but I thought that they would release and stop the rebate start of this month so I'm not sure. My camera shipped on the 6th and got here on the 12th. Apparently some people got theirs last month too. Do you follow 43 rumors? they often post when items are in stock.
  8. rhaab

rhaab Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 19, 2013
    not yet but it's very interesting. I'll try the videos on the omd for now and if I really need more I'll probably go for it.
  9. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    That 25mm f0.95 looks real mean!

As to the Sigma though.... had one years ago on my Canon 350d and it's probably the worst lens I've ever had!!! YMMV of course.
  10. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Nice combo, enjoy! :thumbup: