New camera? lens for sure!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by pete, Mar 9, 2010.

1. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    Okay just purchased a lumix G1 with the 14-45 f3.5 lens at a ridiculous price. My intention was to only keep the lens for my ep2 but after trying out the G1, I sort of like it already...we will have to see. Anyhow I took a couple of quick snaps on the way home with the G1. Tomorrow Im using the lens on my ep2 and compair. ....Comments welcome....thanks....Pete
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    love the subtlety of the creek bed.....

3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Morning Pete

I went the other way around - G1 first - then because of raves on here I bought a EP-1, (plus I wanted to have a go with video)

I really like the G1 - swivel screen, EVF, mini DSLR size/look - slightly prefer the menu system and controls and for tripod work I find the G1 better - there are probably other reasons too .............. and if I got into "birding" - the kind with feathers - I'm sure the G1 would be better with a long MF lens - (the swivel screen being particularly useful).
    I could mention the swivel screen again for low down, and round the corner shots

The EP-1 is stylist and get all the comments and Jpegs straight out of the EP seem to be better - but if it came to a choice I'd keep the G1 - but that's just my personal opinion

Cheers

4. wilson.c

wilson.c Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2010
    But does it have a new sensor though?

5. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    thanks all....appreciate all the comments. one last question. When I put the panny 14-45zoom on the ep2 do I use the stablization switch on the zoom too? so am I getting double the stablization? get what I mean....so I have one in camera and one on lens...
    or does it make no difference.

thanks again people

Pete

6. Razer

Razer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    Wigan
    No don't use both at the same time otherwise your pictures will turn out a blurry mess, as they both try to counter act each other.

7. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    much appreciated Razer....thanks

8. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Hi Pete, I just got the same for £250, enjoying it - well, really it is the wife's : she's now got to choose between the G1 and the e-600 ... maybe.
    I've noticed people selliing the G1's kit lens 14-45 for *gulp* real money .. any idea why it is worth serious cash since it comes with the G1 kit anyway?