New camera? lens for sure!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by pete, Mar 9, 2010.

1. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    Okay just purchased a lumix G1 with the 14-45 f3.5 lens at a ridiculous price. My intention was to only keep the lens for my ep2 but after trying out the G1, I sort of like it already...we will have to see. Anyhow I took a couple of quick snaps on the way home with the G1. Tomorrow Im using the lens on my ep2 and compair. ....Comments welcome....thanks....Pete
    lumix_test_1.jpg

lumix_test_2.jpg

2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    love the subtlety of the creek bed.....

3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Morning Pete

I went the other way around - G1 first - then because of raves on here I bought a EP-1, (plus I wanted to have a go with video)

I really like the G1 - swivel screen, EVF, mini DSLR size/look - slightly prefer the menu system and controls and for tripod work I find the G1 better - there are probably other reasons too .............. and if I got into "birding" - the kind with feathers - I'm sure the G1 would be better with a long MF lens - (the swivel screen being particularly useful).
    I could mention the swivel screen again for low down, and round the corner shots

The EP-1 is stylist and get all the comments and Jpegs straight out of the EP seem to be better - but if it came to a choice I'd keep the G1 - but that's just my personal opinion

Cheers

4. wilson.c

wilson.c Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2010
    But does it have a new sensor though?

5. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    thanks all....appreciate all the comments. one last question. When I put the panny 14-45zoom on the ep2 do I use the stablization switch on the zoom too? so am I getting double the stablization? get what I mean....so I have one in camera and one on lens...
    or does it make no difference.

thanks again people

Pete

6. Razer

Razer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    Wigan
    No don't use both at the same time otherwise your pictures will turn out a blurry mess, as they both try to counter act each other.

7. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    much appreciated Razer....thanks

8. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Hi Pete, I just got the same for £250, enjoying it - well, really it is the wife's : she's now got to choose between the G1 and the e-600 ... maybe.
    I've noticed people selliing the G1's kit lens 14-45 for *gulp* real money .. any idea why it is worth serious cash since it comes with the G1 kit anyway?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.