New Camera Bag - ZKIN

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dtchan, Aug 7, 2011.

1. dtchan

dtchan Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    Just got my new camera bag and thought I would share some quick pics of it. This is my 3rd camera bag. The first one I got was a BJX New York Sling bag.

Here is a link to it: BJX New York City

I brought it on a trip to Japan and didn't like it too much. The plastic zipper broke and it was hard to get gear out. Not very comfortable too.

The 2nd camera bag I got was the Billingham Hadley Pro and that is my favorite camera bag. It is expensive but it is just superb. The build quality and design is just excellent. I just wished it comes with a shoulder pad. I'll eventually get the shoulder pad for another $50 bucks. That camera bag fits all my gear easily - GH2 with Voigtlander, 20mm, 9-18mm, GF1 if I wanted. There is room for my Ipad too.

I didn't plan on getting a 3rd camera bag, but my friend asked me if I wanted anything from Hong Kong, so I asked him to get me this. I sold my BJX camera bag so it helped fund this.

The ZKIN camera bag probably isn't for everyone... but for those who wants a nice looking non-camera looking bag, I think is a good candidate. There is just enough room for me to put a GF1 and 2 lens or a GH2 with 2 pancake lens. It comes with 2 dividers and a shoulder pad which is great. There is also room for a Ipad which fits quite nicely. The material is very nice but probably will get dirty. It is not weather proof too and I kind of miss the handle from my Billingham. But it does look great imo. Oh the price was roughly 230 CAD.

For those who are interest, photojojo sells another version of their bags which is bigger.
    Our Classic Leather Camera Satchel

Here is the company's website: ZKIN - Offical Website

My wife got so many bags, so I don't think it is too over the top if I get another camera bag.

• Like Like x 2
  2. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    I didn't see a manly version :frown:

Looks very well thought out... had to be designed by a stylish woman :2thumbs:
  3. Bill

Bill Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    Bill (really)
    I find my Manhattan Portage bag is just enough. It does not have the padding that a dedicated camera bag has; but then, one of the benefits is that it doesn't look like either a camera bag or a computer bag.

When I moved from the GF1 to the G3 as my everywhere camera, it was, in part, becasue the G3 would fit (just).

Manhattan Portage - Urban Bag (1407)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    [seinfeld voice] Not that there's anything wrong with that.. [/seinfeld voice]

I like the Think Tank Retrospective 10:

• Like Like x 1
  5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    That is a very attractive camera bag/purse/carry all. I agree it might not be to everyone's taste. I think some may want something a bit more rugged looking. It looks like it could double as a general purpose bag while traveling. Looks a bit like my Filson bag except more refined. Nice.