New body

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by pharaviel, May 9, 2012.

1. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    Hello everyone

I know could already be an old thread but I'm looking for a new body to use.
    I have now an EPL2, a GF1 and a G2. I have also some nikon and sigma stuff I'm going to trade for a new body.
    I'm not really looking into any new lens (I would love the 7-14 but I know I would not use it so much).
    So...a shop near me has a new GX1 body for 480EUR and a used-but-in-good-shape EP3 for 500EUR. I would go instantly for the GX but I already have the VF-2 so I'm in doubt. I don't "need" the 16mp but If iq is better (I shot raw) that would be good. What I "need" is faster af and a overall faster camera.

I would love to get the omd...maybe I'll have one at my birthday in december.
  2. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    How attached are you to your current camera bodies i.e. do you have a need for four cameras? For example, let's say that you keep the G2 to give you a larger body with articulated screen and you've budgeted to buy one new body, would selling the GF1 and E-PL2 allow you to get both the GX1 and E-P3 if you couldn't decide which you'd prefer?

It's difficult to force yourself to sell a favourite camera but the reality is that when you get a new one it is rare that you'll find yourself reaching for the old camera. Trust me, I've been there (and currently am there as we speak :eek:).
  3. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Sell all the bodies and get the em5 now instead of at yer bday ;D

- Eliot
  4. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    I was thinking the same thing.
    If you sold the lot, surely you would go pretty close....maybe be 200 euro short ?

5. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    My favourite is the EPL2, but I would not mind to sell it for an EP3 or OMD. OMD + kitlens costs a lot (almost one and a half salary) and still not easy to find here in Italy, so I'm going to wait for a lower price.
    I like having 3-4 bodies. One is borrowed by my girlfriend (the gf1) so I would like to have at least two.

I think I could trade my old stuff + G2 (or GF1) + EPL2 and get the GX1 and the EP3.