1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New body

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by pharaviel, May 9, 2012.

1. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    Hello everyone

I know could already be an old thread but I'm looking for a new body to use.
    I have now an EPL2, a GF1 and a G2. I have also some nikon and sigma stuff I'm going to trade for a new body.
    I'm not really looking into any new lens (I would love the 7-14 but I know I would not use it so much).
    So...a shop near me has a new GX1 body for 480EUR and a used-but-in-good-shape EP3 for 500EUR. I would go instantly for the GX but I already have the VF-2 so I'm in doubt. I don't "need" the 16mp but If iq is better (I shot raw) that would be good. What I "need" is faster af and a overall faster camera.

I would love to get the omd...maybe I'll have one at my birthday in december.

2. How attached are you to your current camera bodies i.e. do you have a need for four cameras? For example, let's say that you keep the G2 to give you a larger body with articulated screen and you've budgeted to buy one new body, would selling the GF1 and E-PL2 allow you to get both the GX1 and E-P3 if you couldn't decide which you'd prefer?

It's difficult to force yourself to sell a favourite camera but the reality is that when you get a new one it is rare that you'll find yourself reaching for the old camera. Trust me, I've been there (and currently am there as we speak :eek: ).

3. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Sell all the bodies and get the em5 now instead of at yer bday ;D

- Eliot

4. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    I was thinking the same thing.
    If you sold the lot, surely you would go pretty close....maybe be 200 euro short ?

5. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    My favourite is the EPL2, but I would not mind to sell it for an EP3 or OMD. OMD + kitlens costs a lot (almost one and a half salary) and still not easy to find here in Italy, so I'm going to wait for a lower price.
    I like having 3-4 bodies. One is borrowed by my girlfriend (the gf1) so I would like to have at least two.

I think I could trade my old stuff + G2 (or GF1) + EPL2 and get the GX1 and the EP3.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.