New and improved Cactus V6 announced

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by star bright star light, Jun 27, 2016.

1. JBoot

JBoot Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2012
    Scotch Plains, NJ
    I have been using the Cactus v6 system for a while with both Olympus and Nikon gear. Very nice control head that allows for TTL flash on camera and works as advertised. At the time, it was the only system I could find that could handle both systems, control outputs from the controller and also had the hotshoe for on camera flash. HSS was definitely a shortcoming, so I'm sure I'll buy one of the new controllers to try out.
  2. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    This looks very interesting. I'll be keeping my eyes open for reviews once these hit the market next month.
  3. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Just watched one of the videos from Cactus's web site. Man those things are BIG. I know they do a bit more than a standard radio trigger, but couldn't they have shrunk them down on version II?
  4. NoTan2

NoTan2 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2014
    Newcastle NSW Australia
    I've been using V5s for a few years and they're almost as big as the V6 and they are just standard triggers. They look a bit odd on an Olympus but not so bad on a DSLR.
  5. Sniksekk

Sniksekk Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 7, 2015
  6. wilvoeka

wilvoeka Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2012
    I chatted with a rep from cactus and he said I can use HSS with any brand ttl flash using the V6II on my G7.

Using an RF60 flash will eliminate the need to buy more than one transiever however.