New Addition

Jay86

Mu-43 Veteran
Nicely done :) Thats a very nice/capable compact kit you have there. You could always put a rubber grip of some kind over top of the focus ring yourself and make it a little DIY project for the Sigma 60mm. Just a thought.

Search

Mu-43 Regular
You can add a bit of color with these lensbands.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=lens+band&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jay86

Mu-43 Veteran
You can add a bit of color with these lensbands.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=lens+band&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

Exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of, only one issue, I think this is too big for the Sigma with a 46mm front. According to the listing it works on 67mm - 110mm lenses.

bhima

Mu-43 Regular
Add the 60. Trust me. Once you shoot with it you will get past the ring. It's up there with my best rendering lenses.
+1 to this. After much deliberation and research, the consensus in terms of actual performance for the 3 sharpest lenses in the m43 lineup goes like this: Oly 75 1.8, Nocticron, Sigma 60mm 2.8. Yep, that sigma is really that good (AND is many magnitudes cheaper than the other two on that list) at least from reading about it on the multitude of lens review sites and looking at image samples. It will definitely be in my bag here soon.

GFFPhoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
+1 to this. After much deliberation and research, the consensus in terms of actual performance for the 3 sharpest lenses in the m43 lineup goes like this: Oly 75 1.8, Nocticron, Sigma 60mm 2.8. Yep, that sigma is really that good (AND is many magnitudes cheaper than the other two on that list) at least from reading about it on the multitude of lens review sites and looking at image samples. It will definitely be in my bag here soon.
Sharpness is just the beginning, it also has great contrast, color, transmission.....

wushumr2

Mu-43 Regular
It's a great lens. Decided it was too long for the shooting I do, but it was fun while I had it.

LowriderS10

Monkey with a camera.
Nice, but...You've got every focal length covered twice and don't have a true wide or anything even reasonably long. Not the route I would have taken...

I do like your grip, though...what brand/model is that?

Also...those lens bands...just use those blue rubber bands they use to tie broccoli stems together. They're free and will do the job on a small lens.

Bull Winkle

Mu-43 Regular
Rush's greatest for sure, I have all 3 Siggy's along with the 14. I'm a poor man and that was the best I could do along with the two kit zooms that came with my cam, funny I don't feel poor with my kit.

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mark
Nice, but...You've got every focal length covered twice and don't have a true wide or anything even reasonably long. Not the route I would have taken...

I do like your grip, though...what brand/model is that?

Also...those lens bands...just use those blue rubber bands they use to tie broccoli stems together. They're free and will do the job on a small lens.
I ordered the 14-42ez with the body for the combo discount and wanted a lower range FL zoom. When I was shooting with my 7d I used a 10-22mm for my wide lens, but didn't really like the fisheye look on the edges of my pictures. The 14mm is wide enough for my indoor shooting and plenty wide for landscapes IMO. My wife has a 40-150mm Olympus in her bag that I have access to for a longer reach when needed.

The grip is the Olympus ECG-1 and works great.

Rush's greatest for sure, I have all 3 Siggy's along with the 14. I'm a poor man and that was the best I could do along with the two kit zooms that came with my cam, funny I don't feel poor with my kit.
Rush fan for Life!!!

I'm looking at maybe adding the Sigma 60mm to my kit, but that smooth focus ring makes the lens very ugly to me. After selling just one of my Canon "L" lenses I was able to purchase my kit and one lens for my wife's and really am enjoying the small package and photography again. What I like is that I don't stand out with this smaller camera when shooting like I did with my heavy/large DSLR gear and I'm back to carrying my camera with me almost everywhere.

MiguelATF

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
With regards to the smooth (metal) focus ring of the new(er) Sigma "Art" lenses (which seem to be almost optically identical to the older 'textured' plastic barrel ones) - I have to tell you that, in spite of all evidence to the contrary, the smooth focus ring works well and easily. At least, it does so on the Sigma 30mm DN/Art lens (which I just purchased from a fellow forum member) - I've been using mine for quite a bit of specialized focusing with the lens wide open at maximum aperture - in 'manual focus' mode -

And the smooth focus ring works like a champ.

So if that's the only thing holding you back - my suggestion is to at least consider it anyway.

Cheers!

to my bag that gives me a decent poor man's holy trinity. I would like to add the Sigma 60mm, but I can't get past that smooth focus ring of the art lens.

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mark
With regards to the smooth (metal) focus ring of the new(er) Sigma "Art" lenses (which seem to be almost optically identical to the older 'textured' plastic barrel ones) - I have to tell you that, in spite of all evidence to the contrary, the smooth focus ring works well and easily. At least, it does so on the Sigma 30mm DN/Art lens (which I just purchased from a fellow forum member) - I've been using mine for quite a bit of specialized focusing with the lens wide open at maximum aperture - in 'manual focus' mode -

And the smooth focus ring works like a champ.

So if that's the only thing holding you back - my suggestion is to at least consider it anyway.

Cheers!
I'm sure it performs very well, I just can't stand the looks of the new Sigma lenses with the smooth rings.

Top Bottom