New Abstract Artwork

It's been over 5 years since I started my mft journey. I started with my trusted E-M10i that still sits in my cabinet ready for anything I can throw at it. I added an E-M5i for those wet and wild times on lakes, rivers and oceans. I traded up that E-M5i to an E-M5ii. It quickly became my workhorse. All three cameras are much more in technology and possibility then my measly skills could suss out.

It took all of that time for me to play, create, experiment and do it all over again and again. Finally I have discovered a combination of technique, equipment and subject that coalesce into an artwork that I am proud to make. These series of images were created mostly in camera with some adjustments in Lightroom and a Black and White conversion in Nik Silver Efex. Modification from the original mainly consisted of moving the highlights an shadows.

Yes, they are abstractions. There is just something about the abstract play of light versus dark, hard geometry versus amorphous formlessness, and essence of imperfectness. I find the images endlessly fascinating.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
49563486091_4fbf97e0ff_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
49562985498_2ec10cd590_o.jpg

49563710342_9904dbdd8e_o.jpg

More on my specific portfolio website.

After creating these images I started a search for a printer that could produce a piece that made me happy. I found that service with White Wall. They have a technique of printing single color images directly on brushed aluminum panels. They can do this technique at nearly any size and a myriad of shapes. They can also do so with a silver or gold surface finish. I have already had two prints made.
49563516351_4ba22c8cf0_o.jpg

Roughly 8x10 in silver
49563516076_4aed760cc0_o.jpg

Roughly 21x16 in gold

My goal with these prints is to find a location to display and hopefully sell some copies. While I realize that the market for abstract photo art is very limited, I feel like I have something unique and engaging here. Or I could be completely out of my mind!

I sold one!

This one sold to a friend:
58921c2e-ed70-418e-b300-b81e9a22fe60_rw_1920.jpg

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom