NEW 72-hour challenge: phoTOYgraphy

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by yekimrd, Nov 12, 2012.

1. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hopefully everyone will see this as a fun challenge, and with the weather getting cold outside, I wanted to this to be a challenge that anyone can do from the comfort of his/her own home.

Without further ado, my chosen topic is: PhoTOYgraphy. i.e. I want pictures highlighting your (or your kids') toys/collectibles. Happy shooting! :biggrin:

An example from my E-PL3 days...

<a href="" title="Selina by yekimrd, on Flickr">[​IMG]"768" height="1024" alt="Selina"></a>

Just a review of the rules for the 72-hour blue ribbon challenge:

As the title suggests, each challenge lasts for 72-Hours. Everyone gets to submit 2 photos in line with the chosen theme. The winner of the previous challenge gets to choose the new theme (topics can be anything under the sun) and serves as the judge for his/her 72-hour challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own 72-hour challenge. Instead, he/she should post up to 2 photos as examples to start out the challenge. Should the winner not be able to commit to being the next judge, the responsibility is passed on to the runner-up.

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a blue ribbon winner, a runner-up, and 1 honorable mention. As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu43 rules/regulations, by participating in this thread you are allowing the judge to repost your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners for "Your Best Shot: A 72-hour Blue Ribbon challenge."
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Giant bubble guy

Giant bubble guy Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    Great photo and subject. Nice toy too ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Here are mine

• Like Like x 12

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    • Like Like x 8
  5. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

What? It's a Toy ...

<a href="">
    <div align=center>" width="400" height="300"
    • Like Like x 6
  6. mkee

mkee Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2012
    Long Beach CA
    [​IMG]"1024" height="880" alt="P9220002"></a>[/IMG]
    • Like Like x 5
  7. donlaw

donlaw Mu-43 Regular

Aug 19, 2011
    Don Lawrence

Superman toy

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. YouDidntDidYou

YouDidntDidYou Mu-43 Regular

Feb 18, 2012
    these two

<a href="" title="cheeky wedding bouquet by YouDidntDidYou, on Flickr">[​IMG]"540" height="720" alt="cheeky wedding bouquet"></a> and
    <a href="" title="Jessie cowgirl from toy story in wedding shoes by YouDidntDidYou, on Flickr">[​IMG]"480" height="640" alt="Jessie cowgirl from toy story in wedding shoes"></a>

just a few more domestic dispute | Flickr - Photo Sharing!, nerves of bokeh | Flickr - Photo Sharing! and connect 4 classic expression | Flickr - Photo Sharing! enjoy :-]
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I'm still a kid, I like toys... although just a little different.

<a href="" title="The complete Spark Gun unit by iconindustries, on Flickr">[​IMG]"768" height="576" alt="The complete Spark Gun unit"></a>

<a href="" title="Spark gun result by iconindustries, on Flickr">[​IMG]"768" height="512" alt="Spark gun result"></a>
    • Like Like x 7
  10. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    dice and pawn

[ ... GF1 & Lumix 14 ]
    • Like Like x 4
  11. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Old School

• Like Like x 5
  12. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    A toy dog with its toy

<a href="" title="P1060230-Edit-2.jpg by Ehud Lavon, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="P1060230-Edit-2.jpg"></a>
    • Like Like x 8
  13. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    Well.. what can I say..

• Like Like x 4
  14. MikeinAlexandria

MikeinAlexandria Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2012
    I took these with the E-M5, macro arm light and 45mm F2.8 lens. Steve Mqueen and his Bullet Mustang say hello

Sean Connery and "Little Nellie" from the 007 movie "You Only Live Twice"

From the '70s series UFO, we have Ed Straker's car, the UFO Intrceptor and Shado Mobile, all vintage Dinky Toys!

• Like Like x 9
  15. chipshot713

chipshot713 Mu-43 All-Pro

May 24, 2012
    Pearland, Texas
    Luke needs to grow a bit !

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App
    • Like Like x 3
  16. greysonj

greysonj Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    That first picture of McQueen is fantastically creative.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. soundpete

soundpete Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 17, 2011
    Landspeeder Servicing

<a href="" title="Landspeeder Servicing by Peter Bullard, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="Landspeeder Servicing"></a>
    • Like Like x 6
  18. badcatgary

badcatgary Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    Denver, CO
  19. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Found this in the backyard ... kids do strange things.

• Like Like x 6
  20. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks so much! These are great, really nice retro toys. Which 2 would you want me to consider your formal entries though? :smile: