New 14mm and 100-300m on HK site.

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by bilzmale, Sep 23, 2010.

1. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Looks genuine - good set of images 'of' and 'with' these lenses. Google translation of forum post on OMUser.

Google Translate

2. couchpotato

couchpotato New to Mu-43

Aug 3, 2010
    Thanks, bilzmale. Those pictures look quite good indeed. Hope the 100-300mm will have better IQ than the 45-200mm.

3. jonima

jonima Mu-43 Regular

• Like Like x 1
  4. DennisC

DennisC Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2010
    Cheshire UK
    I really hope that the new 100-300mm is both sharp and fast focusing.

The 45-200mm lens put me off m4/3 completely.
    I used it with a G1 at the Miramar Airshow and the soft images , slow focus and vignetting at the 200mm end left me disillusioned.
    Subsequently I found it performed better on the GF-1* but by then I'd moved on again to APS-C and enjoyed the extra quality.

Still got the G1 and GF-1 with 20mm , 14-45mm and 45-200mm but they seldom get used.
    Could the 100-300mm be the lens to get me back? I hope so but the samples on the Lumix website look rather soft to me.

https://www.mu-43.com/f80/panasonic-45-200mm-f-4-5-6-image-thread-300/index3.html

5. jonima

jonima Mu-43 Regular

Hi Dennis,

I also have the 45-200 and focus is realy slow, in low lights it is even not focussing sometimes.

Although I will have use for this lens, indeed for sports or fast moving objects it is not a good deal! I wonder if the 100-300 will be that faster since the camera only uses contrast auto focus. Looking at the prices I would expect some improvement in IQ and focus.

Still I think your DSLR will be better performing. But the GF1 with the 20mm is something to hold on to!!

Good luck

Johan

6. jonima

jonima Mu-43 Regular

7. DennisC

DennisC Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2010
    Cheshire UK
    Thanks for that.
    My initial reaction is that performance looks virtually the same as the 45-200mm.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pjohngren

pjohngren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2010
    Check out the 45-200 thread. The lens is actually very good and I love mine. It is clear from the pictures others have taken with the 45-200, that it is a terrific lens in the right hands. As to the future of M4/3, my feeling is that it is the future. My Nikon DSLR and lenses are in the closet and will probably stay there. The more time you spend with M4/3, the better you get at exploiting its advantages.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sinophilia

sinophilia Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2010
    Verona, Italy
    I'm very tempted by this 100-300mm... my mirror lenses are fun and all but when it comes to shooting moving subjects there is no way I can manual focus accurately enough to get decent shots. I saw it for £449, not bad at all. I guess it's still not enough to do serious nature photography, but a step forward nonetheless, and probably the best one can do now with a native micro4/3 lens. I wonder if I should sell my 45-200mm if I get this one, just to feel less guilty about it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.