Never forgetting....

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by gryphon1911, Aug 5, 2014.

1. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    ...because you can't when you go through the things they must endure.

[​IMG]Glencairn Veterans Memorial Wall by gryphon1911 [A.Live], on Flickr

[​IMG]Glencairn Gardens Veterans Memorial POW-MIA by gryphon1911 [A.Live], on Flickr

Went to visit my son and his family over the weekend.

He returned from serving in the US Army for a year in Kandahar, Afghanistan about 2 months ago.
    He has been through a lot and still has a lot to learn to deal with.

War changes people, makes you see and feel things differently. Its funny that some of the little things in life we take for granted or think nothing of, can have such a profound impact on some others.

This memorial wall in Rock Hill, SC at Glencairn Gardens caused us to stop and pause for a moment and think about all those, not just recently, but all throughout history that have made the ultimate sacrifice and those that still suffer to this day from armed conflict.

We all go through our little bits of hell...some of us more than others. I've not been through the same hell as him...and I hope that no one else ever has to go through it. His sacrifices are enough for everyone. Unfortunate though that history has proven that we will continue to have armed conflict through most of our lifetimes.

I don't want there to be a debate about any specific conflict, whether it was right or wrong or the politics involved. Just take a minute to ponder and pray for those who have served, regardless of where. Help those who have lived through it, fought through it and need our support.

If the mods/admins feel this is in any way inappropriate for the forum, I understand the necessity of removing it, if that is the best course of action for the community. It was just something that was weighing on me a bit after this extended weekend.
    • Like Like x 1