Netherlands: Olympus OM-D E-M5 ii for € 399 (was € 799)

RS86

Mu-43 Veteran
and 5 years warranty... if I didn't have the penf and the em10ii... I would be all over this ;))
I'm actually thinking should I upgrade my E-M10 II for this now. I'm not sure how long it will last with ~40k shutter count. Would have 1 stop better IBIS, faster mechanical shutter at least. And I bought used 12-40mm Pro a while ago.

I'm not sure how I like the fully-articulating screen, haven't tested. With tilting I have found I can't get certain shots, but not very often. In macro photography it might be on the way. PEN-F would have more megapixels for macro, there's a used one for 550 € available...

I have come to the conclusion that E-M5 III is too expensive for me. It's likely it won't drop to or below 900 € for a long time.

I find the 16MP enough for my prints so could rather do this kind of more minor upgrade until E-M5 IV comes out and then upgrade to that with similar offers. The PDAF is interesting, but I think I would not find it that useful.

Hmmh. Anyone have thoughts if it's worth it to upgrade etc.?

Last edited:

drknaim

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim
I'm actually thinking should I upgrade my E-M10 II for this now. I'm not sure how long it will last with ~40k shutter count. Would have 1 stop better IBIS, faster mechanical shutter at least. And I bought used 12-40mm Pro a while ago.

I'm not sure how I like the fully-articulating screen, haven't tested. With tilting I have found I can't get certain shots, but not very often. In macro photography it might be on the way. PEN-F would have more megapixels for macro, there's a used one for 550 € available...

I have come to the conclusion that E-M5 III is too expensive for me. It's likely it won't drop to or below 900 € for a long time.

I find the 16MP enough for my prints so could rather do this kind of more minor upgrade until E-M5 IV comes out and then upgrade to that with similar offers. The PDAF is interesting, but I think I would not find it that useful.

Hmmh. Anyone have thoughts if it's worth it to upgrade etc.?
Hmm how much would you get in your market for your used em10ii? Maybe you can offset the costs a bit. And with the em5ii you would have a nice weather sealed combo with the 12-40 :) might also be a bit better balanced with a slightly bigger body.

RS86

Mu-43 Veteran
Hmm how much would you get in your market for your used em10ii? Maybe you can offset the costs a bit. And with the em5ii you would have a nice weather sealed combo with the 12-40 :) might also be a bit better balanced with a slightly bigger body.
I'm not sure. Maybe 100-200 euros with two batteries. I love the camera so might want to keep it no matter what. It's my first ILC, first love. :)

I could maybe take it on vacations (if robbed for example), keep it for macros (tilting screen) and take it in backpack when biking so if I fall it's not so big deal.

The weather-sealing and FAS would bring a new aspects alongside GX9. In winter time would be interesting to go out shooting when it snows.

E-M5 III would be perfect for me, but I'm a hobbyist so if I think clearly I won't upgrade it for things that are not so important as 700-800 euros compared to E-M5 II. It has MySets also.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom