Netflix series recommendations

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
As far as Netflix I am now watching Hap and Leonard which I am enjoying - something just a little different.
THAT'S IT! I watched the first season of that show and could never find it again. Even my 'watch it again' list didn't show it, I figured they yanked it off the air. Thank you! I have my next exercise series picked!

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
My apology, I completely missed the 'Fear' part. That show sucks. I could never figure out how the best, most popular show (at one time) could spawn such a miserable mess as 'Fear'. They've gone from one namb-pamby hero to another. Don't expect it to get much better.
Yup.
I started with watching FTWD from the start, but when Morgan enters FTWD in S04E01, I paused FTWD, and started reviewing TWD from the start.

I've now paused TWD at S09E04, which ends with Rick in a serious pickle, and gone back to where I left FTWD.

And, consequently, now I'm up to S05E10 in FTWD.

I'm nothing if not methodical...

Last edited:

mnhoj

There and back again and again
Real Name
John M
I really like Bosch on Amazon. Great pace and an excellent cast.
Ozark. Talk about multi tasking. Love that cast too.
Started watching Dexter again but fell out of it. Loved it the first time around.

Real Name
Andrew L
I am impatiently awaiting Disenchantment's return, I love that show's quirky humor and endearing characters. The couple seasons that are on Netflix are well worth watching for some great laughs.

coaltrain

Mu-43 Regular
I really like Bosch on Amazon. Great pace and an excellent cast.
Ozark. Talk about multi tasking. Love that cast too.
Started watching Dexter again but fell out of it. Loved it the first time around.
Bosch is great - Ozark is just awesome in my opinion.

I quite liked Outer Banks which was a new Netflix Original recently.

And while I am at it - although it isn’t a Netflix show - my favorite over the last couple years is Yellowstone. This is the only show that I actually paid money for other than a regular subscription. I waited until it was on sale on Prime Video each season so far - don’t know if I will be able to hold out next month when season 3 is actually supposed to air on time (no virus delays).

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
And now I'm up to Season 5, Episode 13 of Fear the Walking Dead.

And I'm getting even more slightly annoyed here!

Colour me callous, but I honestly think that the best thing that could happen to this show, would be if Negan somehow made the transition, took over Logan's crew of wimps, and put some fear of Lucille into the Kumbaya bunch, errh, the heroes!

What with the former badass queen, Alicia, now gets all teary eyed over killing the walkers, and think that tree painting is the solution...
And getting the Jew equivalent of spooky ass priest Gabriel in TWD to join the group is another stroke of genius twist to the show! Piffle.

Laughable. Kill off the heroes, says l!

The Saviours is the only thing that can save this show now!

Last edited:

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
And now I'm up to Season 5, Episode 13 of Fear the Walking Dead.

And I'm getting even more slightly annoyed here!

Colour me callous, but I honestly think that the best thing that could happen to this show, would be if Negan somehow made the transition, took over Logan's crew of wimps, and put some fear of Lucille into the Kumbaya bunch, errh, the heroes!

What with the former badass queen, Alicia, now gets all teary eyed over killing the walkers, and think that tree painting is the solution...
And getting the Jew equivalent of father Gabriel in TWD to join the group is another stroke of genius twist to the show. Piffle.

Laughable. Kill off the heroes, says l!

The Saviours is the only thing that can save this show now!
Were you censored? LOL

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
And now I'm up to Season 5, Episode 14 of Fear the Walking Dead.

And I'm getting even more slightly annoyed here. Working on controlling my temper, in earnest!

They just killed off the only dependable bad guy in the show, to be replaced, obviously, by Jessica James and her merry band of highwaymen. Scary!

And as it turns out, Logan wasn't that dependable as a bad guy anyway. He broke under Kumbayatrucker pressure, and became peaceful too, just before being shot dead by the Jessica James band of train robber lookalikes. That served him right!

The rest of our Kumbaya bunch are still only using their firearms for pointing at stuff. They might as well be using teachers chart pointers. Just as threatening. Maybe more.

The plot is seriously thinning.

I stand by my words: The Saviours is the only thing that can save this show now!

Or maybe a surviving group of White Supremacists. One can only hope...

Last edited:

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Your patience with TWD is mind boggling. Is Rick still there?
No. I'm low on patience. I'm just methodical.

This is still me reporting about the inbred nephew of The Walking Dead: Fear the Walking Dead. Only two episodes left. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get my White Supremacists in the end...

In The Walking Dead, I'm pausing after S09E04, where at the end of episode Rick lies prostrate, impaled by the steel reinforcement bars of some concrete blocks, after being thrown by his horse, with a million walkers approaching.

And I think I will do Space Force next, before resuming The Walking Dead. Steve Carell and Lisa Kudrow would seem highly appropriate after FTWD. And Space Force is actually a Netflix flix...

PakkyT

Mu-43 Legend
And I think I will do Space Force next

I have watched four episodes so far. It is not great but it has its moments; I will keep watching. I think episode 3 was the best of the four. My complaint is there are some great comedic actors who are very briefly in only two of the four episodes and I wish they would do more with them.

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
I was thinking about Space Force. I need to wrap up Outlander first, provided I can take it. I've started fast forwarding through the romance and present day stuff and am focusing on 1700's Scotland. I think I have 10 more episodes, then pretty sure it'll be Hap and Leonard.

NoSeconds

Peaky Blinder
Real Name
Troy
Suits - Funny, clever legal drama... 9 seasons
Brooklyn 99
Narcos
The Ranch
Ozark
Vikings
Star Trek Discovery
Black Books
The Detectorists
The Fall
Santa Clarita Diet
The Frankenstein Chronicles
Bill Burr's comedy specials - try not to fall off the bike laughing...

On the topic of nutrition:

Keto was the human way if life before the advent of agriculture... Diabetes is a lifestyle disease...

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
On the topic of nutrition:

Keto was the human way if life before the advent of agriculture... Diabetes is a lifestyle disease...
Judgmental much? Your statement is true in many cases, but paints with far too broad a brush. In many cases Type 2 Diabetes is caused by the blood cells' inability to absorb sugar, leaving it in the bloodstream. There are medicine's like Metformin that can help with that. While there are many causes of Type 1, in my SIL's case he had a high fever that required hospitalization, which was followed by his pancreas shutting down. This in his mid-30's with no previous history.

So yeah, there's no doubt it's a lifestyle disease. It changed his lifestyle significantly.

NoSeconds

Peaky Blinder
Real Name
Troy
Judgmental much? Your statement is true in many cases, but paints with far too broad a brush. In many cases Type 2 Diabetes is caused by the blood cells' inability to absorb sugar, leaving it in the bloodstream. There are medicine's like Metformin that can help with that. While there are many causes of Type 1, in my SIL's case he had a high fever that required hospitalization, which was followed by his pancreas shutting down. This in his mid-30's with no previous history.

So yeah, there's no doubt it's a lifestyle disease. It changed his lifestyle significantly.

No judgement mate, just fact...

It's completely possible to reset the body's ability to regulate insulin through correct diet, ditching grains and processed food is the way forward... :thumbup:

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
And now I'm finally at road's end with Season 5 of Fear the Walking Dead. It's been hard work, this season!

I'm not sure I'll be watching Season 6, but, then, maybe, I won't be able to resist, anyway. Just to see how they can sink it lower.

So, just in the interest of completeness: the final episode was truly riveting, as the last act of resistance of our group of heroes was the staging of the wedding between June and John, officiated by rabbi Feinsilber, complete with beautiful singing and rings. Impressive.

Afterwards, they all meekly surrendered to the new bad girl of the show, allowing themselves be carted off in different directions toward the promised land.

The only good thing is that, in the end, Morgan finally got shot. Hopefully to death. But, considering the odds facing him, blood pouring out of bullet chest wound, sitting, till the end broadcasting messages of eternal peace through the walkie to whom it might concern, with half a dozen walkers approaching,
I don't think we're rid of him just yet.

I stand by my words yet one more time: The Saviours is the only thing that can save this show now!

Last edited:

Brownie

Real Name
Tim
And now I'm finally at road's end with Season 5 of Fear the Walking Dead. It's been hard work, this season!

I'm not sure I'll be watching Season 6, but, then, maybe, I won't be able to resist, anyway. Just to see how they can sink it lower.

So, just in the interest of completeness: the final episode was truly riveting, as the last act of resistance of our group of heroes, was the staging of the wedding between June and John, officiated by rabbi Feinsilber, complete with beautiful singing and rings. Impressive.

Afterwards, they all meekly surrendered to the new bad girl of the show, allowing themselves be carted off in different directions towards the promised land.

The only good thing is that, in the end, Morgan finally got shot. Hopefully to death. But, considering the odds facing him, blood pouring out of bullet chest wound, sitting, to the end broadcasting messages of eternal peace through the walkie to whom it might concern, with half a dozen walkers approaching,
I don't think we're rid of him just yet.

I stand by my words yet one more time: The Saviours is the only thing that can save this show now!

I wish I could give a like, funny, winner, agree, and wow all at once!

Latest threads

Top Bottom