Netflix series recommendations

Robstar1963

Mad on Motorsports
Real Name
Rob
I watched Season 3 of "Drive to Survive". It's every bit as good as the first two seasons, especially episode 6!
Superb series - such a shame that routine coverage of the actual races is so bland in comparison to this - love the fact that it’s a no holds barred look behind the scenes complete with colourful language especially from Gunther Steiner ???
Highly recommended for Motorsports or even borderline Motorsports fans - lots of human interest involved ?

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Not sure if this is on Netflix, but:
Just finished The Borgias seasons 1-3 (in all 30 episodes).

They have treated the historical facts with (a lot of) artistic license, for instance: Cesare Borgia's henchman Micheletto, who in reality was a school mate of Cesare's. But nevertheless entertaining.

And they did a good job on Caterina Sforza.
Including her "I can get ten more sons out of this" statement.

Last edited:

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'm just starting out on Babylon Berlin, and enjoying it. In German with subtitles.

Any recommendations for good foreign-language options, from English-speaking perspective? I know that Netflix gets high praise for all the international content, but it really has to be good for me to watch it. I'll watch so-so stuff while doing other things, but that only works if I don't have to read along.

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
I'm just starting out on Babylon Berlin, and enjoying it. In German with subtitles.

Any recommendations for good foreign-language options, from English-speaking perspective? I know that Netflix gets high praise for all the international content, but it really has to be good for me to watch it. I'll watch so-so stuff while doing other things, but that only works if I don't have to read along.

Perhaps a movie recommendation on Netflix? The Lives of Others is a powerful story set in East Berlin, has subtitles and great performances.

Latest threads

Top Bottom