1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Need suggestions for good sony FF E mount lens

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Tothepetercopter, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Tothepetercopter

Tothepetercopter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm looking to get the new A7RII camera from Sony and I know I want to get the batis 25mm from zeiss but I don't have the money for another 1,200 lens on top of all that. What would you all suggest for a good quality 80-85mm lens or a nice zoom? For around 600.

OR if you have a better option than the batis I could afford a few good 700-800$ lenses.

2. EarthQuake

EarthQuake Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    Well, you could get the Sony 28/2 instead of the 25/2, and maybe be able to afford the batis 85/1.8? Otherwise your only option in the 85mm range would be adapted lenses, in which case there are many, many choices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    About the only lenses that can really cope with the high MP bodies are the latest Zeiss and Sigma Art designs, almost everything else would be an older design dating back to film. The 85mm art should be released before the end of this year (I believe it will be announced in August and released September, however nothing official has been released yet).

4. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    Give TalkEmount a try (link is at the top of this page).

5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

This question, and the lack of good answers, sums up perfectly why most of us are shooting m4/3 cameras even though Sony FF bodies are small and fairly affordable! :laugh1:

Seriously, though, if you want affordable lens options and FF, you are better off getting a nice used Canon 6D or Nikon D600/610.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    :2thumbs::biggrin:

• Agree Agree x 1