need some m4/3 rumors ASAP!

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by krugorg, Sep 21, 2011.

1. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Okay, I am getting tired of reading rumors about other mirrorless systems! It has been a whole month, at least, since m4/3 dominated rumor control and the blog-o-sphere.

I am thinking it's Panasonic's turn here. We need some rumors, spec leaks, prototype photos, etc. on the upcoming GF7/Pro and soon. :wink:
  2. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Nah, we know what Panasonic is planning--two x lenses with 2 more in the works and a GF7. I want to know what Olympus' plans are now that the 45 is nearly available!
  3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    I want some hard facts and a release date estimate on that GF7/ itchy trigger finger is gettin' ready to consider an E-P3.
  4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    We have the E-P3. If you like what it's got, then get it! I wouldn't bother wasting my time on products that don't even exist yet...
  5. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Knowing Panasonic's excellent production and distribution ability in the United States, you can probably get yours in 2012. December 31st, 2012 that is. :tongue:
  6. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    I agree with Ned E-P3 is the go ...
    Great touch screen
    Great MF
    superb 1080p Video
    Sexy body
  7. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    That's absolutely right, Ned. There will always be something "better" just over the horizon. :smile:
  8. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    And whatever is just around the corner will never capture the moments of today.
  9. wyip

wyip Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Given the rate that Panasonic and Olympus announce new stuff, I wouldn't be surprised to see new bodies released by the end of the year. GH3 and the "true" successor to the GF1. When it's announced and when they start shipping are two different things though.

I'm more interested in what Olympus has planned. The E-PL3 and E-PM1 were kind of unexpected IMO. I'm not sure where they're going with their bodies... hopefully we'll get a new sensor and a built in EVF. If they're still following that lens roadmap that was released a while ago, they still owe us a fisheye and a 45 or 50mm Macro - both of which I think we have enough of in the system. Olympus is a big question mark for me, which is why I'm holding off on the E-P3 for now.

Judging by what everyone else is doing, Panny/Olympus will need to step up their game in sensor tech, AF speed (Nikon's Hybrid AF anyone?), and EVF quality (built-in and accessory OLED finders a la NEX?).
  10. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Ahhh, yesssss... Remember the Times of Your Life! (Anyone got some Kodachrome?) :biggrin:
  11. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    why is everyone fixated on a GF7? as in, why the number 7? Because NEX did it that way? I would honestly like it to be a totally different line. Like the GX. Or better yet, GHX and GFX to denote the new "pro" line, heh.
  12. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    I've still got a part-used roll of 64. :redface:
  13. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    I agree with all you guys of course....the camera in your hand takes better photos than the camera on the design table. I have a camera that takes fine photos.

But I have a little GAS, and the super sexy PEN is the everything that I wanted the E-P1 to be when I bought that one way back in 2009. I just think the IQ of the current Pannys (and moreso presumably in the next one) is still a step or two ahead of the Oly.

So while people can sometimes get too carried away waiting for the next big thing, when you're ready to plunk down $1,000, you want to make sure you're making a well informed decision (especially on my wages)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I guarantee that sometime in the next 12-24 months Olympus is going to introduce an EP-4, and Panasonic a GH3. Not only that, but the specs will be..... better than the EP-3 and GH3!

How's that for a rumor?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I just discovered a roll of film that appears to be exposed (the leader is wound inside the cannister), and I have no idea what's on it nor how old it is. :tongue:
  16. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  17. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY's sources said that the "GF Pro" would actually be called the GF7. May or may not be reliable, but that's the current rumor. I agree with you on what it should be, though.
  18. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    So, I have a friend who knows a guy whose sister's uncle is in a bowling league with a guy who works for the cleaning service at Panasonic.

He said on November 32 that Panasonic is going to introduce a new camera called the DMC-GX2. it will have a 3 million dot OLED hybrid (OVF + EVF) viewfinder, 24 MP chip with on-chip PDAF and CDAF, 1000 shot battery life, a standard hot shoe and a separate accessory port, built in wifi and Bluetooth to upload direct to Facebook, and dual card slots. It will be approximately the same size and control layout as the GF1 (which they are going to re-release as the GX1)

In addition to the body, they will be releasing a weather sealed power zoom, similar to the X 14-45, but it will be 20-200 f/1.7 (constant).
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Oly is making a 12-240 f2 pancake power zoom. I think that'll be more useful .
    Supposed to be smaller than the panny as well since no ois and only f2
    Plus it'll have a distance scale.
    No weather seal tho. How lame is that?!
    Tho I hear it requires in body correction for distortion... More lameness... I'm going nex!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App
    • Like Like x 1
  20. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    I heard that that Olympus is going w/ a 23 3/4 MP CMOS sensor that is in the shape of a pentagon for that extra coverage!
    • Like Like x 1