1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Need some help

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by Tecpatl4, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    I have been asked to do senior portraits for a family member. I've never done posed portraits before, and everybody involved knows that, so there are no great expectations. I don't really have issues with posing, there are plenty of posing guides and we have time to experiment.
    My issue is with lighting, both my equipment and experience is very limited.

He's big into the technical aspect of theater, so we are likely to have some indoor/ low light shots. There will probably be shots with props. I'm expecting lots of blemishes etc also.

Here is what I have
    I will be using an E-P1, I thought my OM 50mm f1.4 would be good, and I might even use my old 75mm cine lens, which is very soft.

I have a Nissin flash, and a 1.5 meter sync cord.
    I also have a 15 inch white reflector. I doubt I will be able to afford a wireless trigger by then. Maybe a 36 inch reflector is possible, or will use white foam board. I will have someone (his mom) available to hold the reflector.

I'm going to try and keep it simple. I've been looking at some of the single flash setups but they seem dependent on the wireless trigger, so I think that is going to be my biggest limitation.

Any suggestions for making this a little easier?