Need some assistance setting up my new E-M10

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by colbycheese, May 25, 2015.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    So my new E-M10 has arrived a day early. Cant wait to play with it, but i have to charge the battery first. My question to everyone is since i havent really had to set up an olympus camera in a long time, I need some assistance mostly for picture mode. My question is, the settings you apply there, is that only for JPEG? because i only shoot in raw and i was wondering if changing that makes a difference. The second question is noise reduction. like the picture mode, does this only apply to JPEG? Edit: Also, how do i enable focus peaking for legacy lenses?

Thank you in advance
  2. adi10times

adi10times Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Bandung, Indonesia
    Michael Adi P.
    yes setting of picture mode and noise reduction are for jpeg
    Unless we use Olympus software (Olympus Viewer), all setting are "gone" if we convert the raw files using non Olympus software like Lightroom or ACR

I assigned the video record button as focus peaking, just activate it and focus peaking works with AF or legacy lenses
    • Like Like x 1
  3. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    thanks, this did it
  4. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Buy Supercharging the Olympus OM-D E-M10 as a Kindle e-book on Amazon; it will save you a pile of effort in setting up your camera and is only $6.79 CDN.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  6. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    Mostly yes, though I think a few things may change exposure a little, which is based on the jpeg settings. I've heard some folks say it meters more accurately if using muted (I have no idea). I'm pretty sure that the gradation setting actually changes exposure values.