Need RAW comparison for OMD

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by FlyPenFly, Jun 8, 2012.

1. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Can someone post a RAW file from the OM-D and a RAW file of the same scene with the same exposure with an APS-C camera? Base ISO and a contrasty scene would be great.

I just want to test out the dynamic range in LR4 before I jump on this bandwagon.

Using my FF to do wide angle shots last weekend really pissed me off.

I generally like to shoot with at least 2 bodies if I'm shooting primes and the A850 is just so DOMINATING that I always end up frustrating myself or leaving the camera on the ground while I shoot with my Nex.

I love the results but the actual shooting part sucks.

If there was a true wide angle (shorter than 24mm) for the NEX-7, I'd own a second NEX7 but I think I'm probably going to pick up the OM-D with a Oly 9-18mm and a Panny 45mm F2.8. I'd love to get a Panny 7-14mm but you just can't use filters on it and a wide angle I can't use filters on is useless to me. So I'll have to settle for the worse performance and build quality of the 9-18mm.

It is ridiculously compact for a 18-36mm equivalent lens though.
  2. YantaYo

YantaYo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    I went with the 9-18 instead of the 7-14 due to filters as well. The lower cost was another selling point as well as its smaller size and weight. Great wide angle lens for hiking and backpacking.

I have a Nikon D90 but my internet is just terrible for uploads (HughesNet Satellite). If you do not get any responses I'll try to do compare for you.
  3. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Don't bother I just bought a newly used one, :) I might do a comparison.