Need RAW comparison for OMD

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by FlyPenFly, Jun 8, 2012.

1. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Can someone post a RAW file from the OM-D and a RAW file of the same scene with the same exposure with an APS-C camera? Base ISO and a contrasty scene would be great.

I just want to test out the dynamic range in LR4 before I jump on this bandwagon.

Using my FF to do wide angle shots last weekend really pissed me off.

I generally like to shoot with at least 2 bodies if I'm shooting primes and the A850 is just so DOMINATING that I always end up frustrating myself or leaving the camera on the ground while I shoot with my Nex.

I love the results but the actual shooting part sucks.

If there was a true wide angle (shorter than 24mm) for the NEX-7, I'd own a second NEX7 but I think I'm probably going to pick up the OM-D with a Oly 9-18mm and a Panny 45mm F2.8. I'd love to get a Panny 7-14mm but you just can't use filters on it and a wide angle I can't use filters on is useless to me. So I'll have to settle for the worse performance and build quality of the 9-18mm.

It is ridiculously compact for a 18-36mm equivalent lens though.

2. YantaYo

YantaYo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Colorado
    I went with the 9-18 instead of the 7-14 due to filters as well. The lower cost was another selling point as well as its smaller size and weight. Great wide angle lens for hiking and backpacking.

I have a Nikon D90 but my internet is just terrible for uploads (HughesNet Satellite). If you do not get any responses I'll try to do compare for you.

3. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Don't bother I just bought a newly used one, :)  I might do a comparison.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.