1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Need MID-SIZE flash recommendation ???

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by phdezra, Jul 17, 2012.

1. phdezra

phdezra Mu-43 Stalker Subscribing Member

Dec 6, 2011
    New York, NY
    Hi all. I currently have the Metz 36, TTL flash for my E-M5. Works beautifully in many situations with my PL 25 as well as the Pana 12-35 which I've used. Here is a link to that flash: Metz mecablitz 36AF-5 Digital Flash for Olympus / MZ 36352OPL

However, I am searching for "middle-sized" TTL flash. Something smaller than my Metz 36, but larger than the pee-wee flash which comes with the camera. Ideally, it would be exactly the size of the Fuji EF-20 (for those unfamiliar: Fujifilm EF20 Shoe Mount Flash for FUJIFILM Cameras 16144597 B&H )

Anyone know if there is one like this made by Olympus / Panasonic / Third Party in this size? Thanks.

Just by way of reference, below is an image taken with E-M5 + Pana 12-35 + Metz 36 (bounced+Stofen diffuser). I *know* that a mid0-size flash could replicate this, I just dont need to use my full-size Metz most of the time.

(Original, Hi-res of this image is here: All sizes | E-M5, Pana 12-35/2.8 | Flickr - Yes, this photo was from my daughter's reaction to price of the 12-35/2.8 :biggrin: )

7444276336_e56bcde824_b.

2. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    What about the FL-300r?

3. NOTE: My FL-300R doesn't work with my OMD.... works wirelessly though...

4. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    The FL-300R is the flash your looking for. Works great, very compact and battery life is good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.