1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

need info buying from b&h (international shipped)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Declan97, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Declan97

Declan97 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Padang, Indonesia
    Guys,

I found another e3 body, and I already copy my credit card. Anyone mind sharing experience international shipping?

I just read that the only accept credit card for international shipping rather than paypal.

Really looking for this settlement can be done

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using EP-L1

2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi
    I buy my all stuff from B&H and they are very good .U can pay with credit card and ususally things are dispatched with 24 hrs via USPS . They also offer 30 days refund /exchange period if u r unhappy with ur purchases. Dont forget to click the link thro this forum so that forum gets some share from B&H . It doesnt affect ur bill at all . B&H is one of the best places to buy ur gear . I would also advise to see if u need some lenses or anything else as they can combine shipping .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

3. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    bhupinder,
    while some prices at b+h are great but with their int'l shipping it
    work out sometime higher than getting the stuff locally, at least
    that's how it is for me.

btw... you signature shows a new oly model. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Declan97

Declan97 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Padang, Indonesia
    well, thanks for your reply but i dont understand which link through this forum mean? and i still need to be brighten up with international shipping specially payment process

5. Declan97

Declan97 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Padang, Indonesia

Jim, i noticed that you had some experience buying form B&H? for the E-3 came with ex international warranty+shipping i found it still fair when i received in my country, but i always lose with the lack of knowledge regarding the settlement process and the time different:)

6. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    declan,
    you can navigate to the Front Page by clicking Front Page on the top of the page.
    b+h is on the left side on the Front Page of this forum.

7. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    declan,
    since cameras are tax and duty free in malaysia; so, it could work out alrite with you... :smile:

8. Declan97

Declan97 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Padang, Indonesia

got it, thanks Jim for the guide

well, this will be my first used camera body from overseas, i did tried with the lens and its directly heading to my house, i think i've to tried to find out about the tax:)

thanks Jim, anyone tell me beside sending fax (card), what else for int'l shipping?

9. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    request b+h to advice you the tracking number once they shipped your camera out.

10. Declan97

Declan97 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Padang, Indonesia
    well know, i know they are closed so i try sending them a fax and email, hopefully it can be done.

And the front page B&H, all i have to do is to click it?

11. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    i think so but not entirely sure if Mu4-3 gets its commission... perhaps Amin can advice.

12. Declan97

Declan97 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Padang, Indonesia
    Since i never did before, is it safe and secure to sending our copy card?

13. troll

troll Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 25, 2012
    What's the "copy card"? And what is actually the problem? You just put the stuff you want in the shopping cart, press "checkout", input your visa/mastercard credentials and then wait for the goods to arrive. Like any other store, it's simple and straightforward. I've bought from b&h several times and there's nothing unique about buying from them, except you have to pay with a card and not paypal/google.

14. Bhupinder2002

There is no need to send ur card copy . Just open an account and then u can buy by paying online . B&H is a well reputed dealer in NY .They charge only 44-66 USD for shipping to Australia .I don't know anything about shipping to Indonesia but it won't be expensive .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

15. Declan97

Declan97 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Padang, Indonesia
    I assumed you also int'l shipping?

16. Declan97

Declan97 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Padang, Indonesia
    Pardon me, but the account your talking about is different with our user name to login?

Yes I know they reputation and that is why Im ok doing this transactions. This is my first transactions using credit card

17. Declan97

Declan97 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Padang, Indonesia
    I couldn't find any menu to make a payment, that is why I asked the above question. Or perhaps since they closed at this time. Dunno

18. Bhupinder2002

No sir, register with B&H and then order .Our forum has nothing to do with it .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

19. Bhupinder2002

Hahah Jim ur eyes are more sharper than a prime Leica lens ...
    A friend of mine has gone overseas for a shoot and he left his Sony a580 with me . Interestingly there is one Sony 50 mm 1.8 SAM lens as well . I will try to test it again my EPL2 and Oly 45 mm 1.8 and see how do they compare . Its a very boring an uninspiring camera though it should perform very well as sensor is same which Pentax has used in K5 .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

20. Declan97

Declan97 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Padang, Indonesia

Yes, it happened everythings become more clearly through laptop rather than smartphone/tablet, and with 11 hours different time, its saturday and its off:biggrin:

just wonder what happened if i submitted the payment by now?