1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Need help with setting up EPL2 with Lumix G 14-140

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jumbotron, Aug 1, 2011.

1. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    Leave it to me for leaving everything to last minute, but can someone who shoots with sn Oly and Lumix 14-140 contact me offline to help setup my camera for a trip I'm leaving for in 12 hours? I just got this lens yesterday and am a bit lost on the set-up for video. There must be a setting I'm missing but it doesn't seem focus automatically and would love any still shooting tips.

Thanks

2. No idea about video. For stills, just make sure to choose either the lens OIS or the body IS, but not both. If you're only carrying just the one lens I'd recommend turning off the body IS and using the lens OIS. If you're taking other non-OIS lenses it may be better to use the body IS so that you don't forget to turn it back on when you change lenses.

3. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    LP, thanks for the info. I'm traveling light with my Epl2, Lumix 14-140, Lumix 20 and Lx5 - so not too many lenses. I expect to shoot mostly with the tele and the Lx5, so changing to the 20 might not even come up. I turned off IBIS, have my batteries charged and ready to roll I guess I'll just muck around with the video settings to see what I come up with.

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Menu Button => Sprocket Menu => AF/MF => AF Mode => Movie => C-AF+TR

(although... I would suggest MF.) :wink:

5. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    Ned - no mf for me, not yet anyways. This lens is beast. Thanks for the note - I have settings changed and ready.