1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Need help with Panasonic g5 setup

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Uncle Frank, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank
    I've tried everything, and even read the manual. But I'm stumped.

How do I set the g5 up for a single AF zone, and how do I make it as small as possible???

2. Dan Ka

Dan Ka Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2011
    Northeastern Ohio
    The same thing has been bothering me since getting the G5. I just figured it out this morning - Qmenu, upper right corner. Exit Qmenu then use the touch screen to size it.
    Hope this helps.

3. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    On the four way controller press left and the AF menu comes up. Use the left or right arrows to select single AF and press ENTER/MENU

Now press left again, then down. On the touchscreen on the right hand side is a slider that sets the focal point size. It's persistent once set up.

You can also put it on the Q-Menu. The Q-Menu is user programmable to have just what you want on it. I didn't want to assume yours is set up, so I gave you the "regular" way AF is accessed to modify the settings.

4. Uncle Frank

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank
    It doesn't work that way for me. When I press left on the 4 way controller, a grid of 5 af zones appears. Then the camera uses which ever one it feels is right. How do I get it to a single zone???

5. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Turn off "Direct Focus Area" in the Custom Setup menu (wrench with a C) and it will work that way then.

6. Uncle Frank

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank
    Thanks, John. That was a huge help.