need help with Nissin i40

jyc860923

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
贾一川
I used to shoot an EPL5 with Metz 44 but now I don't have them. Now shooting the G6 with Nissin i40, I miss the auto ISO feature.

On my G6, using the built-in flash, auto ISO works but with the i40, auto ISO is always 160, can anyone confirm if this is a camera body issue, or something wrong with the i40? Thanks.

jyc860923

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
贾一川
I never realised flash could work with auto ISO...
Hi, I remember that you have this flash and the EM1/5? With the Metz and EPL5 auto ISO worked, so I'm sure this isn't an issue with Oly bodies, have you tried the auto iso with Nissin? Thanks a lot.

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
Hi, I remember that you have this flash and the EM1/5? With the Metz and EPL5 auto ISO worked, so I'm sure this isn't an issue with Oly bodies, have you tried the auto iso with Nissin? Thanks a lot.
I'll try later but as I recall it just set it to ISO200 when on auto, same thing happens with the FL-LM2 kit flash I believe.

jyc860923

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
贾一川
I'll try later but as I recall it just set it to ISO200 when on auto, same thing happens with the FL-LM2 kit flash I believe.
thanks wj, I'll wait for your results.
you may try set the aperture to f22 and bounce the flash so that the camera knows it has to raise the iso, if it still doesn't, then it's probably the Nissin, I don't know about the OMD bundled flash though, thanks very much.

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
thanks wj, I'll wait for your results.
you may try set the aperture to f22 and bounce the flash so that the camera knows it has to raise the iso, if it still doesn't, then it's probably the Nissin, I don't know about the OMD bundled flash though, thanks very much.
Just tried it. As I said before, it's stuck on ISO200 with either the FL-LM2 or i40...

Latest threads

Top Bottom