Need help re: setting ep-3 image size

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kenhreed, Dec 27, 2012.

1. kenhreed

kenhreed Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 22, 2011
    I have read and reread the instructions for selecting the file size of images. However, I am still not able to figure out how to change them.
    Any help is appreciated in advance.

"Display the live control (P. 20) and use FG
    to choose a record mode for movies or
    Record modes (still images)
    Choose from RAW and JPEG (YF, YN, XN, and WN) modes. Choose a RAW+JPEG option to record both a RAW and a JPEG image with each shot. JPEG modes combine image size (Y, X, and W) and compression ratio (SF, F, N, and B). The options available can be selected using the [K Set] option in the custom menus. g “Customizing camera settings"
  2. ghetto

ghetto Mu-43 Regular

hrmmm I have an ep-1 so the instructions might be different but they might be similar enough to give you and idea.

1) you're description you're looking at is how to "select" the configured preference, not how to set the file sizes.

2) to change the file sizes...
    - use the "menu" button (not the super control panel or anything like that)
    - you need to make sure you have the advanced menu enabled, i.e. the gears / "menu display on"
    - in the advanced menu there's a image quality/colour/wb setting option, (G on the e-p1)
    - in there there's a "pixel count" option, that's where you set the size of "middle" and "small"

now when you go back to the live view menu and select middle or small or large you will get the size you configured.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kenhreed

kenhreed Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 22, 2011
    The instructions were similar enough to figure it out, thanks for the quick response.