1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Need Help Finding A Solution to Carry My Monopod

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by humzai, May 22, 2012.

1. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    I have a boda v3 as my camera bag and I am trying to find a solution to carrying either my Manfrotto 560b-1 monopod or a tripod with me when I go out and about. I was considering buying another bag but I can't decide on what bag to purchase so I am looking for an interim solution. I have been looking for a way to mount the monopod to my bag using something that hooks into the multitude of d rings on it but have not yet found a solution.

I am using a Luma Labs cinch so the monopod needs to be on teh oposite side and so that limits my bag choices as well.

I am having trouble finding a quality monopod strap. I had the idea of using my old upstrap earlier but I can't find a way to make it work. I would prefer a strap that I could use with both monopods and tripods.

The Think Thank Bazooka looked like a possible solution but I can't find any for sale. It might not be much use walking about either.

Any help wold be appreciated.

2. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    I use a small photo backpack to transport my gear and my lenses are in a Think Tank belt/pouch system that can be taken out when shooting and thrown in the pack when not--I have no dividers in my pack as the pouches do the same thing. My monopod is clipped to the bottom of the shoulder strap on the pack with a carabiner or one tripod leg is slid through over the bottom of the strap where it meets the pack. But I am carrying more than a m4/3 system.

3. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
  4. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    I was thinking of trying paracord with those grimlocs but I wanted something more secure. I got it to work using some extreme rubber bands but it bounces too much.

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I just picked up this caselogic sling (I know, caselogic....hahaha, but its actually quite nice!):

Case Logic TBC 310 Sling Bag

It has two velcro straps on the side without the access pocket (as you can see in the photo), which could definitely hold a monopod without issue as long as the larger end is on top of course. I would trust it with a lighter tripod as well (something heavier would probably work, but it wouldn't sit well on your back, in transit).

It is also much much bigger than photos would suggest. I just packed it for our 5 day trip to Toronto with the following:

E-p1/14mm
    E-pm1/20mm (and attachable flash)
    Olympus FL-36R
    Samyang 7.5mm
    Pentax 43mm + tilt adapter
    Panasonic 45-200mm
    Sony HX5V (P&S)
    Kinda Fire (7 inch tablet), Toshiba thrive (10 inch tablet)
    barnes and noble nook simple touch
    4 AA batteries, an energizer external battery, and 2 small pouches of memory cards and misc camera bits.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.