Need Help Finding A Solution to Carry My Monopod

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by humzai, May 22, 2012.

1. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    I have a boda v3 as my camera bag and I am trying to find a solution to carrying either my Manfrotto 560b-1 monopod or a tripod with me when I go out and about. I was considering buying another bag but I can't decide on what bag to purchase so I am looking for an interim solution. I have been looking for a way to mount the monopod to my bag using something that hooks into the multitude of d rings on it but have not yet found a solution.

I am using a Luma Labs cinch so the monopod needs to be on teh oposite side and so that limits my bag choices as well.

I am having trouble finding a quality monopod strap. I had the idea of using my old upstrap earlier but I can't find a way to make it work. I would prefer a strap that I could use with both monopods and tripods.

The Think Thank Bazooka looked like a possible solution but I can't find any for sale. It might not be much use walking about either.

Any help wold be appreciated.

2. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    I use a small photo backpack to transport my gear and my lenses are in a Think Tank belt/pouch system that can be taken out when shooting and thrown in the pack when not--I have no dividers in my pack as the pouches do the same thing. My monopod is clipped to the bottom of the shoulder strap on the pack with a carabiner or one tripod leg is slid through over the bottom of the strap where it meets the pack. But I am carrying more than a m4/3 system.

3. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    I use short pieces of bungee cord with push button cord locks. Works great!

monopod.

4. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    I was thinking of trying paracord with those grimlocs but I wanted something more secure. I got it to work using some extreme rubber bands but it bounces too much.

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I just picked up this caselogic sling (I know, caselogic....hahaha, but its actually quite nice!):

Case Logic TBC 310 Sling Bag

It has two velcro straps on the side without the access pocket (as you can see in the photo), which could definitely hold a monopod without issue as long as the larger end is on top of course. I would trust it with a lighter tripod as well (something heavier would probably work, but it wouldn't sit well on your back, in transit).

It is also much much bigger than photos would suggest. I just packed it for our 5 day trip to Toronto with the following:

E-p1/14mm
    E-pm1/20mm (and attachable flash)
    Olympus FL-36R
    Samyang 7.5mm
    Pentax 43mm + tilt adapter
    Panasonic 45-200mm
    Sony HX5V (P&S)
    Kinda Fire (7 inch tablet), Toshiba thrive (10 inch tablet)
    barnes and noble nook simple touch
    4 AA batteries, an energizer external battery, and 2 small pouches of memory cards and misc camera bits.