1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Need guidance on a fair price

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by MikeR_GF1, May 16, 2012.

1. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

I have 3 lenses I want to sell, 2 of them with "problems." Since I bought them in a lot of four from a local guy who's thinning out his collection, I don't have a good sense of what their individual value may be. Your more-experienced opinions are welcomed.

1. Jupiter-12 35mm f2.8 - I believe it's a Contax mount. Very unusual lens, and as far as I know, cannot be adapted to M43 - because of protruding rear element.
    2. Rikenon 55mm f1.4 w M42 mount. Heavy lens, built like a tank. It needs some work. I discovered, on a day of walking around with it, that the entire front assembly moves in and out about 1 - 2 mm, enough to disrupt focus if you're not careful. Otherwise, a nice lens.
    3. Spiratone Expandar 28mm f2.8 w M42 mount. Won't focus, focus ring just spins around and around with no effect. Maybe it's repairable, but maybe it's just junk?

The lens I kept is a Zenitar 16mm f2.8 fish eye. Fun to play with.

Thanks for your advice in helping me to put a value on these things.

5/17 - adding images of the Jupiter-12:
    IMG_2545rsz.
    IMG_2546rsz.JPG
    IMG_2547rsz.JPG

2. AnttiV

AnttiV Mu-43 Regular

Apr 19, 2012
    Finland
    If it truly is contax mount, there are TONS of adapters available from ebay for as low as ~10 euros (and shipping is free). (Contax C/Y mount) There's also a contax G mount adapter, but that was at a hefty ~100€ price. (I didn't look hard enough, there might be cheaper alternatives.)

• Like Like x 1