1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Need guidance on a fair price

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by MikeR_GF1, May 16, 2012.

1. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Guest

I have 3 lenses I want to sell, 2 of them with "problems." Since I bought them in a lot of four from a local guy who's thinning out his collection, I don't have a good sense of what their individual value may be. Your more-experienced opinions are welcomed.

1. Jupiter-12 35mm f2.8 - I believe it's a Contax mount. Very unusual lens, and as far as I know, cannot be adapted to M43 - because of protruding rear element.
    2. Rikenon 55mm f1.4 w M42 mount. Heavy lens, built like a tank. It needs some work. I discovered, on a day of walking around with it, that the entire front assembly moves in and out about 1 - 2 mm, enough to disrupt focus if you're not careful. Otherwise, a nice lens.
    3. Spiratone Expandar 28mm f2.8 w M42 mount. Won't focus, focus ring just spins around and around with no effect. Maybe it's repairable, but maybe it's just junk?

The lens I kept is a Zenitar 16mm f2.8 fish eye. Fun to play with.

Thanks for your advice in helping me to put a value on these things.

5/17 - adding images of the Jupiter-12:
    IMG_2545rsz.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

IMG_2546rsz.JPG

IMG_2547rsz.JPG

2. AnttiV

AnttiV Mu-43 Regular

Apr 19, 2012
    Finland
    If it truly is contax mount, there are TONS of adapters available from ebay for as low as ~10 euros (and shipping is free). (Contax C/Y mount) There's also a contax G mount adapter, but that was at a hefty ~100€ price. (I didn't look hard enough, there might be cheaper alternatives.)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.