Need for cheap fast lens

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Adech, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Adech

Adech New to Mu-43

Aug 2, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  2. hmpws

hmpws Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Interesting.. I will keep the lens in mind if I see it next time I go to asia!

3. greg57

greg57 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 6, 2010
    Istanbul
    Gregory Dziedzic
    Got it ;) 

Well they do ship them... I actually got mine today. Packaging was ok. It took a week or so to arrive.
    You can by them from eBay here.

4. 2ndname

2ndname Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 10, 2010
    That lens looks promising. I might make that lens be my first purchase for my kit.

5. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Nice idea to release a "CCTV"-lens with m43 mount. Or I am incorrect to assume this is a CCTV lens?
    - Either way it, to my understanding it is a manual focus lens and corner image quality is a serious concern, right?

CCTV lenses are of course not as good as the "old" full frame lenses, but what is actually the difference (all depends on the price/quality balance)?
    - Worse glass (or even plastic), but still F << 1
    - CCTV is optimized for sensor smaller than m43???

Does it make sense to do a comparison with some legacy lens?
    - And only look at e.g. 50% of sensor size? (so your 35 doesn't become 70, but even more (and reduction of resolution))

I would be happy with cheap manual portrait lens with reduced resolution!!!

6. mikew

mikew New to Mu-43

Jul 13, 2010
    Can't you get a legacy 50/f2 plus adapter for that kind of money? I have a Pentax 50/1.7 and adapter that cost me about £40 in total. I would be seriously disappointed if it didn't totally blow away a CCTV lens in terms of IQ.

Mike

7. JoepLX3

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Mike, what is value of looks (and size)? :wink:
    - But I am with you on IQ

8. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Flippin right!
    I have a brilliant Cosinon50mmf1.8 plus adapter : £26 total!
    But nevertheless this 35mm is a 35mm ... a different kettle of fish and quite interesting.

9. mikew

mikew New to Mu-43

Jul 13, 2010
    But nevertheless this 35mm is a 35mm

Eh? A 50mm is a 50mm - if you want a 35 then go get a Pentax 35/2.8 M for about 30 quid or I think I can use my 35/f2 (but that cost an awful lot more) as it has an aperture ring. Pentax is what I know I'm afraid.

If I am unkind I am not sure why anyone would stick a CCTV coke bottle on a lovely camera like the EP1 when there are such excellent alternatives.

Mike

10. JoepLX3

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11. mikew

mikew New to Mu-43

Jul 13, 2010
    Well it seems you caught a laugh today.

I hope no offence has been caused :) 

12. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    Paris
    If you can find it there was a Vivitar Series 1 28 F1.9 or the 28 f2 that can solve your problem speed and relatively short focal distance. I cannot guarrantee the sharpness of the lense i personnally do not own it , but to my knowledge there is no alternative to this. If you need anything longer simple look at the range of the 50mm lenses. A VERY GOOD M42 screw lense that you can find for almost nothing Helios 44 ( any version are good ). A 58mm F2 lense that has a swirly bokeh and you can get it for around a tenner. Why bother with lenses that will offer you poor IQ and that are more expensive ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.