Need for cheap fast lens

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Adech, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Adech

Adech New to Mu-43

Aug 2, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  2. hmpws

hmpws Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Interesting.. I will keep the lens in mind if I see it next time I go to asia!
  3. greg57

greg57 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 6, 2010
    Gregory Dziedzic
    Got it ;)

Well they do ship them... I actually got mine today. Packaging was ok. It took a week or so to arrive.
    You can by them from eBay here.
  4. 2ndname

2ndname Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 10, 2010
    That lens looks promising. I might make that lens be my first purchase for my kit.
  5. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Nice idea to release a "CCTV"-lens with m43 mount. Or I am incorrect to assume this is a CCTV lens?
    - Either way it, to my understanding it is a manual focus lens and corner image quality is a serious concern, right?

CCTV lenses are of course not as good as the "old" full frame lenses, but what is actually the difference (all depends on the price/quality balance)?
    - Worse glass (or even plastic), but still F << 1
    - CCTV is optimized for sensor smaller than m43???

Does it make sense to do a comparison with some legacy lens?
    - And only look at e.g. 50% of sensor size? (so your 35 doesn't become 70, but even more (and reduction of resolution))

I would be happy with cheap manual portrait lens with reduced resolution!!!
  6. mikew

mikew New to Mu-43

Jul 13, 2010
    Can't you get a legacy 50/f2 plus adapter for that kind of money? I have a Pentax 50/1.7 and adapter that cost me about £40 in total. I would be seriously disappointed if it didn't totally blow away a CCTV lens in terms of IQ.

7. JoepLX3

Jun 13, 2010
    Mike, what is value of looks (and size)? :wink:
    - But I am with you on IQ
  8. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Flippin right!
    I have a brilliant Cosinon50mmf1.8 plus adapter : £26 total!
    But nevertheless this 35mm is a 35mm ... a different kettle of fish and quite interesting.
  9. mikew

mikew New to Mu-43

Jul 13, 2010
    But nevertheless this 35mm is a 35mm

Eh? A 50mm is a 50mm - if you want a 35 then go get a Pentax 35/2.8 M for about 30 quid or I think I can use my 35/f2 (but that cost an awful lot more) as it has an aperture ring. Pentax is what I know I'm afraid.

If I am unkind I am not sure why anyone would stick a CCTV coke bottle on a lovely camera like the EP1 when there are such excellent alternatives.

10. JoepLX3

Jun 13, 2010
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  11. mikew

mikew New to Mu-43

Jul 13, 2010
    Well it seems you caught a laugh today.

I hope no offence has been caused :)
  12. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    If you can find it there was a Vivitar Series 1 28 F1.9 or the 28 f2 that can solve your problem speed and relatively short focal distance. I cannot guarrantee the sharpness of the lense i personnally do not own it , but to my knowledge there is no alternative to this. If you need anything longer simple look at the range of the 50mm lenses. A VERY GOOD M42 screw lense that you can find for almost nothing Helios 44 ( any version are good ). A 58mm F2 lense that has a swirly bokeh and you can get it for around a tenner. Why bother with lenses that will offer you poor IQ and that are more expensive ?