Need for cheap fast lens

greg57

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Gregory Dziedzic
Got it ;)

Interesting.. I will keep the lens in mind if I see it next time I go to asia!
Well they do ship them... I actually got mine today. Packaging was ok. It took a week or so to arrive.
You can by them from eBay here.

2ndname

Mu-43 Rookie
That lens looks promising. I might make that lens be my first purchase for my kit.

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nice idea to release a "CCTV"-lens with m43 mount. Or I am incorrect to assume this is a CCTV lens?
- Either way it, to my understanding it is a manual focus lens and corner image quality is a serious concern, right?

CCTV lenses are of course not as good as the "old" full frame lenses, but what is actually the difference (all depends on the price/quality balance)?
- Worse glass (or even plastic), but still F << 1
- CCTV is optimized for sensor smaller than m43???

Does it make sense to do a comparison with some legacy lens?
- And only look at e.g. 50% of sensor size? (so your 35 doesn't become 70, but even more (and reduction of resolution))

I would be happy with cheap manual portrait lens with reduced resolution!!!

mikew

New to Mu-43
Can't you get a legacy 50/f2 plus adapter for that kind of money? I have a Pentax 50/1.7 and adapter that cost me about £40 in total. I would be seriously disappointed if it didn't totally blow away a CCTV lens in terms of IQ.

Mike

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Mike, what is value of looks (and size)? :wink:
- But I am with you on IQ

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Can't you get a legacy 50/f2 plus adapter for that kind of money? I have a Pentax 50/1.7 and adapter that cost me about £40...
Flippin right!
I have a brilliant Cosinon50mmf1.8 plus adapter : £26 total!
But nevertheless this 35mm is a 35mm ... a different kettle of fish and quite interesting.

mikew

New to Mu-43
But nevertheless this 35mm is a 35mm

Eh? A 50mm is a 50mm - if you want a 35 then go get a Pentax 35/2.8 M for about 30 quid or I think I can use my 35/f2 (but that cost an awful lot more) as it has an aperture ring. Pentax is what I know I'm afraid.

If I am unkind I am not sure why anyone would stick a CCTV coke bottle on a lovely camera like the EP1 when there are such excellent alternatives.

Mike

iliakoltsov

Mu-43 Regular
If you can find it there was a Vivitar Series 1 28 F1.9 or the 28 f2 that can solve your problem speed and relatively short focal distance. I cannot guarrantee the sharpness of the lense i personnally do not own it , but to my knowledge there is no alternative to this. If you need anything longer simple look at the range of the 50mm lenses. A VERY GOOD M42 screw lense that you can find for almost nothing Helios 44 ( any version are good ). A 58mm F2 lense that has a swirly bokeh and you can get it for around a tenner. Why bother with lenses that will offer you poor IQ and that are more expensive ?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom