Need E-P2 Help

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kphelan, Apr 6, 2010.

1. kphelan

kphelan New to Mu-43

Apr 4, 2010
    Hello All:

I just found this place a few days ago. Good thing, as my E-P2 arrived today. I got the zoom & EFV model.

I've charged the battery, mounted the lens and formatted an SD card. I viewed all of Brian's getting started videos (thanks so much Brian!) My problem is: I do not get a live view image to take a picture. With the VF-2 mounted I can toggle between active screens, the LCD or VF-2. But neither will let me look through the camera or take a picture. Everything else seems to be working, but both screens are dark. And yes, the lens cap is off and the lens is extended into shooting position. I've unmounted/remounted the lens several times to make sure it is clicked in place properly.

But I have yet to look through this camera or take a picture. All help appreciated. Thanks.

---Kent

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    On the lower rear...you'll see a button marked info.... hit that a few times...that will cycle thru the screen options....
    if it persist...call me...pm and I'll give ya my #
    shooter

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Don AKA Streetshooter really means it, if you continue to be stuck.

4. BBW

Kent, what setting do you have the top control set to? Have you tried switching around?

And are you 100% sure that you have the EVF plugged in properly because if it's not locked in (you have to take out that little plastic "filler" piece from the hot shoe), it will not work. You haven't inadvertently hit the playback button have you?

5. kphelan

kphelan New to Mu-43

Apr 4, 2010
    Wow, thanks for the quick replies guys. Sorry to be so tardy in getting back, but I had a minor family emergency come up.

I took the camera to work with me today, and a few minutes ago I fired it up. Voila! Both screens work. Don't have a clue what's changed; the camera just sat overnight. But I'm not questioning it, as all appears to be working properly now.

My Voigtlander m43-M adapter arrived today as well. I just started playing with it with a ZM 21/2.8 lens that I had for my Leica. I thought I would try this for a while before committing to a Pan-20 or Oly-17.

Thanks again. I look forward to getting to know this device.

---Kent

6. BBW

Glad to hear all is well, Kent! Be sure to post a few photos soon.:biggrin:

7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Kent, welcome to the forum and I'm sorry I missed your first post above... glad you've got things going, and please let us know if you have any other questions! :friends:

Cheers

Brian