Need camera bag for GF1 and 4 extra lenses

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by qball, Jul 16, 2010.

1. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    Traveling to Scotland in 4 weeks and bringing my Panny GF1 with 20/1.7 and 4 extra legacy manual lenses.

I'd like a non-bulky bag that I can quickly access my camera, and open to reveal by camera and 4 extra lenses. Preferably a backback or sling style...

Waterproof, with some good compartments for storing memory cards, spare battery, charger, hanging my small tripod, and something not too bulky.

I don't have a good selection of bags locally to see, so I have to rely in the internet and people's practical recommendations.

Would like to keep it around $100

Thanks,

Q

2. rpress

rpress Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    I just got the Kata 3n1-22 and it's very well made. The compartment inside is designed for a larger DSLR but it works out ok with my GF1. It will easily fit 4 lenses, and has a waterproof cover.

3. Carol Stee

Carol Stee Mu-43 Regular

Jan 17, 2010
    Consider the Domke F-5XC, the Domke F-6, and the Domke F-802. I got the F-5XC a few weeks ago and love it; it holds my Panny G2 and five lenses with room to spare. You can see them on amazon.com.

4. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    Thanks for the input. anyone else?

5. jmacpix

jmacpix Mu-43 Regular

6. JoeFriday

JoeFriday Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
  7. Muggie

Muggie Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Sorry nothing to suggest but curious about what you decide on...:biggrin:

8. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    Need a camera bag

I am using the Crumpler 4 million dollar home for my e pl1 with 20mm panny.
    Also holds the 14-42mm and 40-150mm lenses on the repositionable side pocket.
    I like it because it doesn't look like a camera bag and it's very well constructed.
    Check ebay and amazon.
    Dave

9. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    I ended up liking a Domke F6... didn't meet the backback/sling requirement.... but price was right and configuration was right.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Good call. I'm in the midst of a 3 week European trip (just got access to free wifi so I'll be around a little for the next week) and I've been wearing out an F6. I tried a Think Tank Retro 10, which has the same floor plan and fits the same Domke inserts, but it's substantially greater depth makes the gear a lot less functionally accessible on the fly. It also feels like a MUCH bigger bag than the F6. The F6 has been perfect for this trip. Although anything with this capacity would be overkill for day to day use around home.

-Ray

11. jmacpix

jmacpix Mu-43 Regular

I love my F6! Great bag for :43: or larger systems. The canvas just seems to mold to hip and gear much better than any nylon bag could....