Need camera bag for GF1 and 4 extra lenses

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by qball, Jul 16, 2010.

1. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    Traveling to Scotland in 4 weeks and bringing my Panny GF1 with 20/1.7 and 4 extra legacy manual lenses.

I'd like a non-bulky bag that I can quickly access my camera, and open to reveal by camera and 4 extra lenses. Preferably a backback or sling style...

Waterproof, with some good compartments for storing memory cards, spare battery, charger, hanging my small tripod, and something not too bulky.

I don't have a good selection of bags locally to see, so I have to rely in the internet and people's practical recommendations.

Would like to keep it around $100

2. rpress

rpress Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    I just got the Kata 3n1-22 and it's very well made. The compartment inside is designed for a larger DSLR but it works out ok with my GF1. It will easily fit 4 lenses, and has a waterproof cover.
  3. Carol Stee

Carol Stee Mu-43 Regular

Jan 17, 2010
    Consider the Domke F-5XC, the Domke F-6, and the Domke F-802. I got the F-5XC a few weeks ago and love it; it holds my Panny G2 and five lenses with room to spare. You can see them on
  4. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    Thanks for the input. anyone else?
  5. jmacpix

jmacpix Mu-43 Regular

6. JoeFriday

JoeFriday Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
  7. Muggie

Muggie Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    Sorry nothing to suggest but curious about what you decide on...:biggrin:
  8. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Need a camera bag

I am using the Crumpler 4 million dollar home for my e pl1 with 20mm panny.
    Also holds the 14-42mm and 40-150mm lenses on the repositionable side pocket.
    I like it because it doesn't look like a camera bag and it's very well constructed.
    Check ebay and amazon.
  9. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    I ended up liking a Domke F6... didn't meet the backback/sling requirement.... but price was right and configuration was right.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Good call. I'm in the midst of a 3 week European trip (just got access to free wifi so I'll be around a little for the next week) and I've been wearing out an F6. I tried a Think Tank Retro 10, which has the same floor plan and fits the same Domke inserts, but it's substantially greater depth makes the gear a lot less functionally accessible on the fly. It also feels like a MUCH bigger bag than the F6. The F6 has been perfect for this trip. Although anything with this capacity would be overkill for day to day use around home.

11. jmacpix

jmacpix Mu-43 Regular

I love my F6! Great bag for :43: or larger systems. The canvas just seems to mold to hip and gear much better than any nylon bag could....