Need BH Help. Store closed when USPS tried to deliver return package

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by broncophil, May 5, 2013.

1. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    Hello.

I sent an Olympus Micro 4/3 lens back via USPS... I just check the tracking number and it says NOTICE LEFT.

They say that BH needs to go pick up item, otherwise it will be sent back?

Is that true? Dont they attempt redelivery?

2. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    In my experience, USPS will try to deliver it 2 more times. Also they leave a message in the door. Check it Monday. I'm sure you will be just fine. That's the thing about B&H, they aren't open on Saturdays. But I still love'em :)

3. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    Isn't UPS daffy? It's not as if they're unaware of our hours. I assure you they'll deliver your package to us without further incident.

4. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    Its USPS not UPS.. is USPS aware of your hours as well??

maybe I was daffy for using USPS..

Thanks.

5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I've had that happen before with USPS. They will try to deliver on their next delivery day, which is tomorrow. It freaked me out when it happened, too, but all was well in the end. :smile:

6. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    Actually your stuff is safer with USPS. Have you seen the condition of the boxes on receipt from UPS? The great thing about B&H free shipping is they seem to initially ship the item with FedEx and then it gets turned over down the line to USPS. Always arrives fresh as a daisy.

7. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    USPS does this all the time and there's no good reason for it. Packages always get delivered but first they have to give our customer apoplexy. I'd never suggest using them. Not only do they have no respect for the package or contents, their online package tracking is a joke. YMMV.

8. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    Thanks. It got there..