Need Bag for Olympus System with Room for New Lenses

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by newphoto1, Mar 8, 2015.

1. newphoto1

newphoto1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    I am trying to buy a bag now that will have room for the upcoming Olympus Pro lenses, the 7-14 and the 300. Currently I have two E-M1 bodies, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, E14 TC, 60MM Macro, plus flash, Polarizers, and Misc Stuff. Currently it is all in a Lowepro 300 AW back pack, but I don't think there is room for the addition of the two new lenses that I plan to buy. I travel world wide and I am mostly outside shooting. Not adverse to a different backpack, or a small roller bag that converts to a back pack. I read the other thread here and those are mostly shoulder bags, which are small and don't hold much, and gear can be inaccessible in the field. Would like to buy a carry system that will accommodate the two new Olympus Pro lenses. Any suggestions?

2. rkris

rkris Mu-43 Regular

Jun 15, 2013
    Check out F-Stop's backpacks. I have both the Loka and the Guru. Excellent quality.

3. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    F-stop loka with a small ICU might fit (I get an e-M1, a7r, 12-40, 7-14, 50-200 SWD, 1.4x converter and the Sony lenses and a scuba housing in there, but it's a very tight fit). The satori is also an excellent pack although the Loka hits a comfort sweet spot. Medium ICU or slope ICU might be a bit better.

4. faithblinded

faithblinded Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 25, 2014
    Cleveland, OH
    Ken
    I have a similar kit, with plans to add the same 2 lenses, upon release. So far, the option I'm liking best is the Lowepro Flipside 400AW. I believe it's just about the right size for an E-M1 plus pro lenses kit, with an extra body, flash, and some accessories(plus lunch and a drink in the secondary area). I'm still hunting, but need to commit soon, the shooting season is upon us.

5. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry