1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Need Bag for Olympus System with Room for New Lenses

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by newphoto1, Mar 8, 2015.

1. newphoto1

newphoto1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    I am trying to buy a bag now that will have room for the upcoming Olympus Pro lenses, the 7-14 and the 300. Currently I have two E-M1 bodies, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, E14 TC, 60MM Macro, plus flash, Polarizers, and Misc Stuff. Currently it is all in a Lowepro 300 AW back pack, but I don't think there is room for the addition of the two new lenses that I plan to buy. I travel world wide and I am mostly outside shooting. Not adverse to a different backpack, or a small roller bag that converts to a back pack. I read the other thread here and those are mostly shoulder bags, which are small and don't hold much, and gear can be inaccessible in the field. Would like to buy a carry system that will accommodate the two new Olympus Pro lenses. Any suggestions?

2. rkris

rkris Mu-43 Regular

Jun 15, 2013
    Check out F-Stop's backpacks. I have both the Loka and the Guru. Excellent quality.

3. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    F-stop loka with a small ICU might fit (I get an e-M1, a7r, 12-40, 7-14, 50-200 SWD, 1.4x converter and the Sony lenses and a scuba housing in there, but it's a very tight fit). The satori is also an excellent pack although the Loka hits a comfort sweet spot. Medium ICU or slope ICU might be a bit better.

4. faithblinded

faithblinded Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 25, 2014
    Cleveland, OH
    Ken
    I have a similar kit, with plans to add the same 2 lenses, upon release. So far, the option I'm liking best is the Lowepro Flipside 400AW. I believe it's just about the right size for an E-M1 plus pro lenses kit, with an extra body, flash, and some accessories(plus lunch and a drink in the secondary area). I'm still hunting, but need to commit soon, the shooting season is upon us.

5. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry