Need assistance for Olympus IO track

AllanG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Allan
Ive recently been through Myanma, Sri Lanka and Singapore using Olympus IO share to Geo Tag my photos. Worked like a charm and they all (4000 images) are tagged.
However how do I then place these tagged images to a map to see where they were taken.
Ive tried a few times but need some step by step instructions to render a route on a map with image detail as Im printing the whole lot to a series of book(s).
Many thanks for this site - the best ever
Allan

AllanG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Allan
Sorry, I dont have lightroom.
All my images have the co-ordinates on them - just need to get them onto a map. But thanks anyway.

Matt Drown

Mu-43 Veteran
Do you want to see them for yourself, or are you trying to create a web interface for them? Google-Photos will display it on a map I think. "GeoSetter" will do it locally (under windows 10 only).

What are you trying to do?

AllanG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Allan
Matt
I thought that I stated it in the third line of my post.
Basically I want a map to which the location of each geotagged photo is shown

Matt Drown

Mu-43 Veteran
Matt
I thought that I stated it in the third line of my post.
Basically I want a map to which the location of each geotagged photo is shown

Yes, where do you want the map to display? On your desktop, on a web page, on your phone? If on a desktop, which OS. If on a phone, which OS?

Geosetter will show you your pictures on a map that you can navigate - https://www.geosetter.de - only works with windows 10 though.

AllanG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Allan
Yes, where do you want the map to display? On your desktop, on a web page, on your phone? If on a desktop, which OS. If on a phone, which OS?

Geosetter will show you your pictures on a map that you can navigate - https://www.geosetter.de - only works with windows 10 though.
used to use Geosetter early on but as Im using windows 7 not ten now I know why its no longer working.
Wanted to use display on my desktop so will have to do some more attempts.
thanks to every one for their assistance.

Matt Drown

Mu-43 Veteran
FYI, I may have misspoke on the windows 10, you need IE10, due to the way geosetter displays the map (using google-maps api which has a minimal browser requirement, so you can't downgrade geosetter to get things working). There's a post about it on the geosetter page - GeoSetter and Internet Explorer - GeoSetter

Also FYI, EOL on windows 7 is Jan 2020.

Latest threads

Top Bottom