1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Need an opinion...

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by CVigilV, Oct 16, 2013.

1. CVigilV

CVigilV Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2013
    Hi I'm Carlos,
    I have a small question I want some advice with.
    I'm going to buy a Olympus OMD-EM1 with the Sigma 30mm f/2.8 and a Fujian 25mm f/1.4 C-Mount lens. But I have the gap of a good quality but cheap sport lens, any suggestion!

Also I like doing macro photography, here's an example of what I like to do, so I'm also searching for a lens mount that has the filter thread on the other end instead of another type of lens mount or a lens itself. So does anyone know where I can buy one?

etaqaty6.

I'm coming from Nikon 1 mirror less system, so IQ will be greatly improved almost immediately, after all as I saw the other day in a post in the forums, "You don't have any good pic until to shot 10.000 of them" , or something that sounded cooler but with that message.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Attached Files:

2. RobR

RobR Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    Robert Reinhardt
    When you say "cheap sport lens, " how cheap and what kind of sports? I have a 45-200mm I use for sports, but it's not the greatest. If I were to do it over again, I would probably go for the Lumix 100-300. It's a little more expensive but apparently the AF and IQ is better.

3. CVigilV

CVigilV Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2013
    Hi, the 45-200mm is a Pany lens. Am I right?

I read a review of the Oly 45-150mm or something in that range that was really good, or at least it seamed, for sport photo. But the 100-300mm sounds interesting. I'll take it a look now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

4. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Mods please move - wrong subforum.

5. RobR

RobR Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    Robert Reinhardt
    Correct, the 45-200 is a Panasonic/Lumix.

May I ask what kind of sports you're looking to shoot? I'm usually taking photos of rowing, which means I'm far away from the subject. That being said, 45-200mm is just fine for most applications, I just wish the AF was better. I used it to shoot race cars at Lime Rock the other day and it was more than adequate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]