Need an opinion...

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by CVigilV, Oct 16, 2013.

1. CVigilV

CVigilV Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2013
    Hi I'm Carlos,
    I have a small question I want some advice with.
    I'm going to buy a Olympus OMD-EM1 with the Sigma 30mm f/2.8 and a Fujian 25mm f/1.4 C-Mount lens. But I have the gap of a good quality but cheap sport lens, any suggestion!

Also I like doing macro photography, here's an example of what I like to do, so I'm also searching for a lens mount that has the filter thread on the other end instead of another type of lens mount or a lens itself. So does anyone know where I can buy one?

etaqaty6.jpg

I'm coming from Nikon 1 mirror less system, so IQ will be greatly improved almost immediately, after all as I saw the other day in a post in the forums, "You don't have any good pic until to shot 10.000 of them" , or something that sounded cooler but with that message.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

2. RobR

RobR Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    Robert Reinhardt
    When you say "cheap sport lens, " how cheap and what kind of sports? I have a 45-200mm I use for sports, but it's not the greatest. If I were to do it over again, I would probably go for the Lumix 100-300. It's a little more expensive but apparently the AF and IQ is better.

3. CVigilV

CVigilV Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2013
    Hi, the 45-200mm is a Pany lens. Am I right?

I read a review of the Oly 45-150mm or something in that range that was really good, or at least it seamed, for sport photo. But the 100-300mm sounds interesting. I'll take it a look now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

4. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Mods please move - wrong subforum.

5. RobR

RobR Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    Robert Reinhardt
    Correct, the 45-200 is a Panasonic/Lumix.

May I ask what kind of sports you're looking to shoot? I'm usually taking photos of rowing, which means I'm far away from the subject. That being said, 45-200mm is just fine for most applications, I just wish the AF was better. I used it to shoot race cars at Lime Rock the other day and it was more than adequate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.