1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Need adapter help

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Uwharrie, May 21, 2012.

1. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    I picked up a Lensbaby composer super cheap. It is a 4/3 mount. I know it will need an adapter tp micro 4/3 to fit the G3. But I am not sure what to look for?

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    For 4/3 to :43: you have a number of options. Olympus & Panasonic both offer adapters with a full array of electrical contacts which would allow 4/3 lenses to communicate with :43: bodies (including autofocus). There are also less expensive adapters from a number of manufacturers that do not have contacts and thus only allow manual control.

For the Lensbaby, the manual adapter would be sufficient (unless you happen to have or plan on acquiring other 4/3 lenses).

I've compiled a list of adapters which you might find helpful.

3. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Thanks! So I just need to look for a 4/3 to M4/3 adapter?

4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Yeah, basically any Four Thirds to Micro Four Thirds adapter should work fine with the Lensbaby. Your best bet to find them (at least in the US) are eBay or Amazon, or just do a Google search.

Here's an example from cam.plus on eBay (disclaimer: I don't have any personal experience with this particular adapter or seller).

• Like Like x 1