Need a small bag for EPM1 and two lenses

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DynaSport, Jan 26, 2013.

1. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    I have a very small bag I've been using for my EPM1 and the kit lens. It holds that and an extra battery and that's about it. That is what I wanted. But I just bought the Oly 40-150 and my tiny bag won't hold even the camera with that lens mounted. What I want is a small bag just big enough to hold my camera with either the kit or the 40-150 lens and the other lens and a battery. Unfortunately, it is hard to tell what will work or what will be bigger than I want by looking online. Do any of you have any recommendations for a bag that size?

Thanks!

2. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    I've got a Lowepro Messenger 100. It fits my E-PL5 with VF-3 and 14-42 or 40-150 mounted (face down), plus the other lens in a side pocket.

Other side pocket contains flash, VF-3 (when not mounted). Outside pockets can hold batteries, cards and cables.

It's not tiny but it is small enough and doesn't look too "camera bag". The thing is, there is room enough for one or maybe 2 small primes if I ever get some. I just didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a bag, then put it away if I added equipment.

Around $50 at most stores.

P.

3. BLX

BLX Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2012
    Denmark
    Morten
    • Like Like x 1
  4. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    I'm not sure what the dimensions are for the 40-150 but, if it'd fit, I have nothing but praise for the Crumpler Jimmy Bo line. I've been using it (well, two) for a few years now and it's still going very very strong.

This is what I carry in the smaller Jimmy Bo 300. Admittedly, this one might be a bit small.
    IMG_1878.

I also have the larger 500 model, which I use to keep my 500D and paraphernalia in.
    P1010571.

P1010564.

Link to the album which has a few more photo's of the inside: JimmyBo 500 Photos by m1pui | Photobucket

5. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    Thanks! I ended up with the very similar, but not quite as nice Lowepro Messenger Exchange. It is less rigid than I really like, but it was inexpensive and it works. I'll have to see how I feel about it longterm.