1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Need a new body after sell EM-5

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Akashi, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    I am in desperate need of advice. I have sold my EM-5 because I could´t stand all the knobs falling off! Besides I did´t like the handling. I do need a new body and was set on the EM-1, but it is expensive and I am concerned about the EVF burn issue. I also wonder if the new EM-5 will have the eyecup falling off problem. Perhaps it is time for something new? Panasonic? I don´t really know. My priorities are more and more video as I do YT videos - but the GH4 is way to expensive right now. EM.5 did video ok, but improvement would be nice (external mic!). Is the GH3 a step down from EM.5?
    I have Fuji here now, but I don´t think I will keep it. I have the 12-40 and 75 1.8? I seriously don´t know where to go next. What would you do?

I have several threads here now, I just can´t seem to find my way out. I am tempted to sell all mu43 gear, but changing systems are not financially sound. I don´t like the fact that iso 800 indoors seems to be as high as I can go on the EM-5 (I really don´t like iso1600 shots expect BW. I shoot jpeg). I don´t think other bodies are any better, or?

H e l p . . . !

2. val

val Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2013
    Australia
    William
    The Lumix G6 has a mic input.

I was going to suggest the GX7 since it does have good video but no mic input.

3. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    I don´t need a mic input, like as in really really need it :) Do you think the 12-40 and 75 (all olympus) would work well on those two bodies?

4. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Wait for the em5ii or grab one of the warranted em1s off ebay for 1000 new.

• Like Like x 1