1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Need a new body after sell EM-5

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Akashi, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    I am in desperate need of advice. I have sold my EM-5 because I could´t stand all the knobs falling off! Besides I did´t like the handling. I do need a new body and was set on the EM-1, but it is expensive and I am concerned about the EVF burn issue. I also wonder if the new EM-5 will have the eyecup falling off problem. Perhaps it is time for something new? Panasonic? I don´t really know. My priorities are more and more video as I do YT videos - but the GH4 is way to expensive right now. EM.5 did video ok, but improvement would be nice (external mic!). Is the GH3 a step down from EM.5?
    I have Fuji here now, but I don´t think I will keep it. I have the 12-40 and 75 1.8? I seriously don´t know where to go next. What would you do?

I have several threads here now, I just can´t seem to find my way out. I am tempted to sell all mu43 gear, but changing systems are not financially sound. I don´t like the fact that iso 800 indoors seems to be as high as I can go on the EM-5 (I really don´t like iso1600 shots expect BW. I shoot jpeg). I don´t think other bodies are any better, or?

H e l p . . . !

2. val

val Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2013
    Australia
    William
    The Lumix G6 has a mic input.

I was going to suggest the GX7 since it does have good video but no mic input.

3. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    I don´t need a mic input, like as in really really need it :)  Do you think the 12-40 and 75 (all olympus) would work well on those two bodies?

4. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror! Subscribing Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Wait for the em5ii or grab one of the warranted em1s off ebay for 1000 new.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.