1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

need a new bag to fit my gear.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by colbycheese, Jul 10, 2015.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    So i have been using a small bag that permits me to bring about 2 lenses and a camera. This has satisfied my needs for a while but i am planning a trip this summer and would like to take along a bit more gear. I will probably end up bringing my nikon 50, panasonic 20, panasonic 25, my YN-560 III flash, pentax 135mm, legacy wideangle (havent purchased yet), roxsen speed booster and all the needed adapters, battery charger, and of course the camera itself, my E-M10. Does anyone know a good bag that i can get to fit all this stuff so i can take it on my trip? I prefer backpack style and from amazon canada, or another place that will ship to canada at a reasonable price. Thank you

2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 1
  3. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    that sling bag might actually be a better idea. I guess i can try it and if i cant fit all my stuff, amazon is usually really good with returns.

4. tkbslc

Slings are nice because you can swing it around to the front and use the side opening to swap gear without taking it off. Backpacks carry well and hold a lot, but you have to set it down flat before you can open it or everything falls out.

5. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    I can swing my Fstop backpack around while leaving the waist belt attached and get gear from it easily, the gear access is thru the rear of the bag.

6. tkbslc

If your backpack has a belt strap, it's probably bigger than most of us would carry for m4/3 kits. But sure, there are exceptions to every rule. The way most backpacks hold lenses, they can fall out easily if the flap is opened without it laying flat.

7. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    Actually it's perfect for m4/3 if you want a bag to carry gear and some other stuff. I have the small Pro insert and it holds my gripped em1 with 150 f/2 or 50-200 attached with some room for 2 smaller lenses (60mm macro and my fisheye and 17 f/2.8) along with batteries. This still leaves the top portion for other things you may need.

Actually given the gear listed by original poster to bring along its the perfect size.

8. maritan

maritan Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Mandatory Mindshift Gear Rotation plug. :biggrin:

Have two of them - Panorama and Horizon and love them both. They have smaller and bigger versions too.

www.mindshiftgear.com

9. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Think Tank has a new Trifecta backpack which looks really interesting. The Trifecta 8 looks like it'll carry my EM1 w/50-200 SWD attached when I need to take it along, plus other lenses. It is accessible from either side and from the back. I don't need it right now, but I have my eye on it. http://www.thinktankphoto.com/categories/camera-backpacks/trifecta-backpacks.aspx

I have a small Tenba DNA 8 which is great for a small kit. They have larger versions of it too, and the top zipper makes it very quick to access. http://www.tenba.com/Products/messenger-dna-8.aspx

These cost more than the Amazon bags, but I think you get what you pay for with these.

10. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    That's always been my criticism of backpacks. You have to set most of them on the ground to get anything out. I've used sling bags, but they have their limitations too. Everything is a compromise. It takes some effort to find the right compromise. :)

• Agree Agree x 1