Need a few things for GF3

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by pb_red, Nov 28, 2011.

1. pb_red

pb_red New to Mu-43

Nov 27, 2011
    Seattle
    Hi everyone, I picked up a GF3 a few hours ago (my first MFT camera :smile:) and I need a few things.

First, I'd like to know if I can put a UV filter on the kit 14-42mm lens. It looks like the front element sticks out a bit and I don't have a 52mm filter to try it. Has anyone added a filter to the kit Panasonic lens?

Also, I need a carrying case or one of those neoprene bags. The smaller the better. It just has to fit the camera with kit zoom lens, nothing else. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2. michaelsmp

michaelsmp Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 7, 2011
    New Jersey
    Yes, a filter will work just fine with the Panasonic kit lens. I have a skylight filter on mine.

As for a carrying case, I'd recommend a Lowepro Terraclime 50. It's lightweight and simple but not much padding.

3. pb_red

pb_red New to Mu-43

Nov 27, 2011
    Seattle
    Thanks for the info!

A UV filter and OP/TECH USA 7401044 Soft Pouch -Digital D-Shortie have been ordered.

4. winx14

winx14 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm looking for a case or sleeve to hold a GF3 + 14mm, nothing more. Will be throwing it in my daily messenger bag, so I'm looking for something small. For now, though really ghetto, I've been holding it in half a padded envelope.

5. Offriver

Offriver Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2011
    Similar to above, order the op/tech digital "D-mini" size neoprene cover.

6. pb_red

pb_red New to Mu-43

Nov 27, 2011
    Seattle
    Just wanted to post a quick update that the filter (Hoya slim-frame) went on the lens just fine. Although the lens is now even longer I feel better having a UV filter attached.

Also, the D-Shortie soft pouch was exactly what I wanted. The fit with kit lens is definitely snug but the material stretches so it works out great. It looks and works great with the stock camera strap.

The only other accessory I might consider is a Pentax-K to MFT adapter. There's no practical reason to get one since I might as well carry a big camera around if I am carrying big lenses around but it could be fun to play with...