Need a bag for E-PL1 with viewfinder attached

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by VisualFX, Oct 20, 2010.

1. VisualFX

VisualFX Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2010
    Need a bag to take on a cruise ship, that will fit: E-PL1, VF-2 and 14-42mm kit attached, 4/3 40-150mm, and batteries/memory cards.

I tried a Tamrac 6x, but too small inside, and too bulky on outside. Lowepro Passport Sling looks good to take onshore, but too big to carry around on the ship. The Domke F-5XB looks like it may work, but not sure.
  2. shoturtle

Oct 15, 2010
    crumpler 4 million dollar home bag.
  3. VisualFX

VisualFX Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2010
    Really that will fit? It looks smaller than the domke. Thanks I will look at dimensions again.
  4. Rudi

Rudi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2010
    Domke F-5XB will fit all that easily.
  5. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    My favourite bag is the Lowpro Omni Sport. I carry my GF1, viewfinder, battery charger, four lenses, spare cards/battery/lens caps and passport in a relatively small case. My bag is roughly 10.5 x 9.0 x 4.5 inches. Try this link to see pics, specs, etc...

lowepro omni sport - Google Search
  6. Chuckr53

Chuckr53 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 15, 2010
    Estero, FL
    E-PL1 Bag

I have an E-PL1 with 14-150mm using the Olympus neckstrap. I cut the strap off the Tamrac Velocity 4, and store an extra battery, FL-20, and a Circular Polarizer filter in the pockets. The VF-2 viewfinder is on the strap. Great travel kit. The V4 bag stays in the room, the camera on my neck when I'm out and about. I take a 70-300mm and the MMF-2 separately when I need the long zoom.

My $0.02

7. shoturtle

Oct 15, 2010
    If you are referring the the crumpler

I have a 5 million dollar home, and I can get the epl-1 with evf on, 45-200, 20 1.7 and a 35mm 3.5 lens in there and can lay a gorillapod ontop and clip in the bag, and still have room for 4 batteries, and a couple of filters and my wallet and cleaning kit. The are roomier then they look you are only carrying 2 lenses.

8. VisualFX

VisualFX Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2010
    I looked at the new Domke Quick-Shot medium Sling, but didn't care for the design. It was hard to get anything but the camera out, without unzipping the whole bag open. The main zipper opens the whole bag, and everything can fall out. The bag was big on outside, with not much working room on the inside. I'm a tall person, and the strap was not long enough IMO. When I slung it around to my front, the camera bag was too high on my chest. I'd like it to sit lower. Also the quick-shot was not made in USA.

So I picked up the Domke F-5XB. Initially I thought it was a little cramped. But after looking at other bags at the camera store, this one looked like it would work. Plus it is not made of black nylon fabric like 99% of all other black camera bags, so I'll look less like a geek when walking around with it (I hope.). I guess black nylon fabric is so cheap, that is why all manufacturers are using it.

It just fits the basic stuff that I need. I also picked up a Tamrac Expedition 3 Backpack, to maybe use on other occasions. Not sure if I'll keep it yet, but it also fits EPL1 with VF-2 attached, unlike the Olympus mini-backpack I have.

I want to add, that the soft strap with rubber is a nice addition to this bag. I don't care for bags with nylon straps. Also the outside shell material is pretty nice too. I think it will be easy to carry even across the chest sling-style.

Attached Files:

• bag.
      File size:
      160.5 KB
  9. andy_jansen

andy_jansen Mu-43 Regular

Oct 19, 2010
    Herten, NL
    Anyone a suggestion for a for a comfortable slingshot bag for a E-PL1 with viewfinder?
    20mm pancake
    14-42 kit lens
    45-200 panasonic
    macro (still to chosse which one)

And the question I need to ask for my girlfriend:
    Are there bags available that are trendy? :S
    And I think by trendy she's referring to colours (i Think).
  10. dirty.frank

dirty.frank New to Mu-43

Oct 15, 2010
    HI, I have the crumpler pretty boy 3000 (L) and it fits my e-pl1 + 14-42 + 40-150 with mmf-2, 1 extra batery, 1 extra sd card.
    I'm not sure if you can fit the viewfinder mounted on the camera. But I'm sure that you can fit the viewfinder into the bag seperately, and still having more extra room...

Still, I'm thinking to buy the crumpler 2500, to get a smaller bag...:smile:
  11. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area