Necroposting:

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by JensM, Mar 13, 2016.

1. JensM

JensM Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2016
    Oslo(ish), Norway
    As screename
    Any site policy on that ??

As long as isnt in the "me, too", "+ 1" etcetera categories but with some relevance to the tread ??

2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Not wanting to speak for the site owner or mods, but traditionally threads haven't really been closed down, locked or expired (or deleted) unless they breach site guidelines or become overly heated.

I guess there are some generally accepted conventions - if there are old threads meant as a 'showcase' or 'share' then they're communal and people can post images to them regardless of age - organically some threads become more popular than others. If there are personal threads (eg "I went on holiday and here are my pics") then people are fairly respectful of the content and generally don't derail or add to the thread unless they're directly related (eg compare "I went to the same spot too and took the same pic" versus posting under a generic "share: holidays" thread for everyone to contribute to).

• Like Like x 1
  3. JensM

JensM Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2016
    Oslo(ish), Norway
    As screename
    Thank you, I was wondering a bit as I stopped myself on a couple of occasions yesterday, going through that "vintage camera" tread, when some of the drooling equipement of my youth showed up. Though better of it, and will dig throught the haunts, take some pictures of old stuff and post with some glowing reminiscence, or drone on with boring anecdotes, as it is also called. :)

4. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Threads do get revived years after they fell dormant. I see no issue with this, especially if someone simply wants to restart a discussion. New info or new experiences can arise over time. I'm just glad this wasn't about pictures of dead people.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. svenkarma

svenkarma Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 5, 2013
    mark evans
    Bumping this thread in 5 years time

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. robcee